The EU Migrant Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
which kind of proves that maybe its the getting killed / opressed factors that are causing their movement rather than handouts and benefits?

or maybe it's because of things like twitter showing how easy a life they have once they reach the uk.

getting put in hotels and spas is a joke. they don't do it for our own homeless ?

Soldato
So why not stop in the first safe country then?

sure why not go round in circles again :rolleyes:

"lots of reasons why:
friends / relatives may be here
might be a history of people from their home country coming here (and so having an established communty to help them)
might be from countries which were former British colonies / or had prevoius contact with UK perosnal (like afghan 'terps)
they might speak english (and not say french or italian)
UK is doing well economically (better than others anyway) so might be able to get work? "

and

"lots do stop at the first country, lots dont even come to Europe, we are not even the country that takes the most in Europe either
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...gee_population
we are number 16 on the list

in europe we are not top either
http://www.theguardian.com/world/dat...asylum-seekers"

im not saying we should let none, all or some in

I just think its daft how people refuse to understand why people might come or want to come to the UK. Yes of course some of them will have silly ideas about getting free stuff - a myth pedalled by our own press which probably encourages more people to come!

Soldato
OP
What part of 'once it was all over and peace was restored' didn't you read?

Hint: the bit in bold.

Consider this: you're a migrant from a war torn country. You go to another place, make a living, provide for your family and contribute to society. Would you go back to the hell you just escaped even if peace is restored? It will never be the same again. Everything would be destroyed - what will you go back to?

Associate
The majority of these freeloading scroungers are 20 something year old males. They are exactly the ones who should be back at home fighting for their tribes or country or whatever. Even Kurdish women fight for their territory, yet these useless cowards just run away for welfare money.

Genuine refugees should stay in the first non-wartorn country that gives them shelter and wait for the war to end. Crossing 2000 miles of peaceful countries to stay in a welfare paradise with no intention to ever go back speak volumes. Thank Christ we are not signed up to Schengen.

Soldato
They are exactly the ones who should be back at home fighting

I was going to say this but in a slightly different way. :rolleyes:

Surely for every person leaving who is capable of fighting (lets assume good and bad sides here) it prolongs the terror and makes the situation even worse?

I understand though, everyone wants to survive.

Soldato
Consider this: you're a migrant from a war torn country. You go to another place, make a living, provide for your family and contribute to society. Would you go back to the hell you just escaped even if peace is restored? It will never be the same again. Everything would be destroyed - what will you go back to?

You go back to your native country where your roots are, where your family comes from, where your friends come from, etc.

You go back to rebuild your country and society - the call of your homeland can and should be strong.

I left the UK 20 years ago, moved myself lock, stock and barrel to Holland with no intentions of returning (economic migrant!) however found myself back in the UK a few years later and while I travel all round the world regularly for work I wouldn't consider leaving permanently anymore.

I'm all for giving these migrants temporary shelter, but when Syria (or where ever they hail from) is back on it's feet - back they should go.

Caporegime
Yvette Cooper says each city and London borough should take in 10 immigrant families.

Doesn't she realise that London already has thousands of families on waiting lists who have been waiting more than two years for a place. Why should these families jump the queue over our own?

Associate
I drove back home from the Netherlands last night, via the Channel Tunnel. At Calais it was quite heart breaking driving past scores of migrants in search of a better life.

It got me thinking: in the event of a British civil war, if bombs were flying past daily and the risk of death is high then I'd take my loved ones out of this country in heart beat and I'd immigrate somewhere else. Wouldn't you?

But the migrants are out of sight, and out of mind right?

no I'd fight it like my grandparents and great grandparents did . Imagine with that attitude we'd be merkels puppets nowadays ....oh wait

Man of Honour
Yvette Cooper says each city and London borough should take in 10 immigrant families.

Doesn't she realise that London already has thousands of families on waiting lists who have been waiting more than two years for a place. Why should these families jump the queue over our own?

They can start with one migrant family being put up by each MP and member of the house of lords.

Caporegime
Oh lovely, now two Italian pensioners murdered in their own home by a peaceful 18-year-old migrant from the Ivory Coast. What on EARTH is going on. :mad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11834743/Murder-of-elderly-couple-in-Sicily-fuels-Italys-growing-anti-immigrant-sentiment.html

Scum, utter scum :mad: incidents like this are exactly why I don't want these people in my country. I'm expecting a German rape epidemic, followed by some dodgy stats that Mr Jack will quote proving that the German rape rate is no higher than the European average.

Soldato
So why not just go to the first safe country or one of the 10s of other safe counties? They're trying for the UK for the handouts that they've heard about, probably from family and friends already here.

If we asked members of this forum where they'd go in the event of the UK being torn apart by war, I'd wager we'd get a range of different answers. People would have different preferences for different reasons.

The same principle applies here. To get to the UK, these refugees have to travel through countries that have welfare systems that are just as good as ours, so if it's all about welfare, why keep going? There must be more to it than simply money. Personally, I think the UK is simply the dream for some of these people - that's what drives them to carry on through Germany/France/the low countries, not money.

Soldato
Oh lovely, now two Italian pensioners murdered in their own home by a peaceful 18-year-old migrant from the Ivory Coast. What on EARTH is going on. :mad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11834743/Murder-of-elderly-couple-in-Sicily-fuels-Italys-growing-anti-immigrant-sentiment.html

A lot of the biggest pick pocket/begging gangs in London are Romanian. Watched a documentary on it.

Can you actually really sit there and blame people for not wanting this in their neighbourhood / country? absolutely not.

The same principle applies here. To get to the UK, these refugees have to travel through countries that have welfare systems that are just as good as ours, so if it's all about welfare, why keep going? There must be more to it than simply money. Personally, I think the UK is simply the dream for some of these people - that's what drives them to carry on through Germany/France/the low countries, not money.

Documentary where they interviewed people in migrant camps in Calais. Actually money / the system was the precise reason. They heard it was easier etc And vice is not some racist mainstream media outlet looking to spread lies / hate.

Last edited:
Associate
I watched Breaking into Britain: The Lorry Jumpers last night and when questioned, some of them wanted to come to Britain for a free house to live in with benefits on top.

its insane isn't it , if someone offered you that you'd think whats the catch , it cant be true .

its actually sad it is , whats even sadder are the people who actually want this utopia , and think it can actually be paid for . laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom