The 'Everything Adobe Lightroom' Thread

Soldato
Lightroom is doing my noggin in with it's awful performance lately. 3k images to get through over the holidays - was not a nice experience.

I feel your pain, currently processing around 2000 from an event, need to process and separate the photos....

running Lightroom on my HP split with i5 & 4gb or the Hp Microserver with 8gb... either way it's taking a long time

Last edited:
Associate
It's a pain, and it's not my spec. I edit on solid state, and although a pretty old motherboard (X58) it's running a 6 core Xeon with 12GB or RAM and a NVidia 770. One thing that helps is closing it and flushing the cache from time to time.

Soldato
It's a pain, and it's not my spec. I edit on solid state, and although a pretty old motherboard (X58) it's running a 6 core Xeon with 12GB or RAM and a NVidia 770. One thing that helps is closing it and flushing the cache from time to time.

My laptop has an ssd and I have noticed that "flushing the cache" helps a huge amount.

Associate
Which if you think about it is completely bonkers since generally speaking the whole point of implementing a cache in the first place is to speed things up!

Man of Honour
I find it laughable that Adobe didn't include guided transform into the 6.6 version for perpetual license owners like myself. Only the CC 2015.6 version gets that new feature. Some say it's to do with US accounting revenue recognition, but we all know it's just Adobe trying to get people "subscribing" to CC.

Well sod them and their money hungry tactics.

oio

oio

Associate
I miss the striking blue face from the splash screen. Other than that, all good.

You can bring it back by putting it (or any picture you like) in a "Splash Screen" directory inside the Lightroom settings directory (where it stores presets, templates, etc.)

If you have multiple pictures in there, it even will pick a random one each time it starts up.

Back
Top Bottom