US: The Exorcist (2016)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Anyone caught the first episode yet? It's free on Amazon at the moment, and it's really quite good. Many will say this is what Outcast should have been like, but I think they both hold their own and stray off different directions, even though the subject matter is still the same.

Exorcist appears to not hold back the violence/gore either, with one specific scene in episode one being shown in all its glory.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0VKS5F/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soldato
The original movie is still one of my favourite horror films of all time, so I was not holding too much hope for this - and it went and blew my socks off! :D

Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for episode 2 :)

Permabanned
I used headphones when watching it last night as it was a bit late to have the sound turned up, they made a big difference with the atmosphere and creeping me out. Normally i just turn the soundbar right down at night which would have been naff.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I can watch it but it is the sleepless night afterwards that put me off watching this kind of thing.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Click the buy button on the link I posted, it will complete the order for $0.00. You can then click the play button. It's the Amazon US site, so you will need to log in with your normal Amazon credentials.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Capture_4.png

All good here, I only have 3 cards added to my account, debit, barclaycard and an amex. All UK issued, so not sure why yourself and a friend on Facebook seem to get the same error :/

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I thought it was cack

same :D

I mean its a good start to a pilot and show but did not see anything much creepy or gorey on it, just seems to be another tv series building off the success of a film that had it perfect all along.

Ill give it few episodes but this reminds me straight away of that other tv series with exocist/demons in peoples bodies, the one that no one watches but has got season 2 in the works, think the thread is on page 3-4.

Man of Honour
Which parts did you not like?

All of it.
A new series either grabs you or it doesn't and I just sat here wondering why I'd wasted 44 minutes although I will stick with it.
The new Van Helsing was going the same way and then it perked up in teh second half.

I was also part of the frenzy back when the original film was released, I was also a Born Again Christian at the time so it had a massive influence on me back then. Even though I can watch the original with a smile now (atheist) no horror film as ever had that effect on me since.

Back
Top Bottom