The FA CUP Third Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 6th January 2020] + 4th round replays

Associate
Think it should be a red for petulant behaviour, and xhaka clearly a red too. But I quite like the ref letting the game flow, made a nice change from foul after foul etc.

Soldato
Looks like they're desperate to send a Leeds player off tonight, Lacazette's was as bad as the Crystal Palace one yesterday and that was upgraded to a red card, even VAR can't keep the decisions consistent.

I agree with the keeping the game flowing but surely Xhaka should've seen a yellow for any one of the 4 fouls in the 1st half

Soldato
Good win against a strong leeds side

arteta is clearly slowly moulding the players to his ethos and the work rate he wants

good to keep the momentum going with another good win :)

Associate
Even in this world of jobbing ex-pros being shoehorned into football punditry, there aren't many worse to listen to than Danny Murphy. It would really be refreshing if production would draft in commentators who can analyse a game, inform, show joe public something from a tactical perspective, rather than ***** like this who use it as a platform for a 90-minute cliched moan about VAR and can offer nothing constructive.

In all, important to get out of dodge tonight. Woeful opening half, but largely nullified Leeds in the second and managed to impose ourselves less through ability than grit and effort. Quality lacking, but into the 4th round.

Soldato
Leeds were the best side in the 1st half and didn't score, Arsenal were the better side in the 2nd half and did and that's the small margins that you require to go for you in football nowdays.

I certainly wouldn't be fearing this Arsenal side if I was facing them in the next round

Soldato
Lol salty are we?? You might want to cut down on your salt intake there fella;).

Good win from us, Arteta really having an impact on the squad. Good to see he is kicking some ass in that squad.

I dont support either team. I guess if your proud of endless diving, shirt pulling and cynical fouls then Arsenal are the team for you though.

Don
I dont support either team. I guess if your proud of endless diving, shirt pulling and cynical fouls then Arsenal are the team for you though.

It was frustrating. Also, them taking it to the corner in the 84th minute made me sad. I'm glad we're out, we didn't need the distraction with such little depth in the squad. We were without our best CB and our best player in Pablo so we did so well, we just couldn't put away the chances, which has been a problem in the past.

Man of Honour
Leeds best team I have seen at the Emirates this season (and I've seen both Manchester clubs), didn't deserve to get beaten. Very good build up play and knew to exploit Sokratis OOP.

Guendouzi in full one headless chicken mode but improved a bit after HT. Ozil completely anonymous.

Soldato
Arteta gave them a good hairdryer at half-time for not doing what they'd been told to do, good stuff. Definitely don't think Xhaka and baby Sideshow Bob is a good midfield combination regardless though, think we need to drill someone in on how to do Torreira's job properly when he's not playing.

Asked if he was surprised by his side’s poor first half, Arteta told his post-game press conference: “To be fair, it didn’t. I think it was a big release for them when they won against Manchester United and they took a little bit of that pressure off. And then your body and your mind tries to relax a little bit for one or two days.

“Now, we are not in a position to relax because we are not good enough to relax. If we don’t play at that level, we are not good enough.

Back
Top Bottom