• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Caporegime
Lisa keeps talking about upcoming products tailored for some AI PC or Laptop for some imaginary AI consumer, sounds utterly deranged. The AI bubble burst will be epic.

I used to be quite cynical about AI, its not actually Artificial Intelligence, there is no intelligence behind it, if there was we would probably be having a very different conversation :D

But it is a new thing if how efficiently one is able to get information out of it is brilliant, i can ask it to solve a coding problem for me, it knows what i'm asking it and will search the internet for the answer and give me the information i'm looking for in seconds, it saves me hours of Googling, i can even describe a meme to it and it will create a series of visual representation of that meme in seconds.

its very clever and it has no end of possibilities, so i'm not so cynical about it anymore, its here to stay.

Last edited:
Associate
Lisa keeps talking about upcoming products tailored for some AI PC or Laptop for some imaginary AI consumer, sounds utterly deranged. The AI bubble burst will be epic.
Hopefully, but while NV are raking in tens of $billions, AMD's MI300 /MI300X is meant to be selling quite well - for AMD. So 100s of $millions but still far ahead of Intel.

What will make AI bubble burst is that the barriers of entry aren't that high, and the Patent Wall isn't that tall, and the big buyers are big enough to consider spinning their own.

In the same way that big cloud providers are willing to consider spinning their own ARM server chips and cut out Intel and AMD, then cutting out Nvidia - who are on far higher margins - is a matter of when not if IMO.

Caporegime
AMD and Intel when they get their _____ together will be adding adequate NPU's to all X86 retail products in quick time as MS have already started integrating AI into windows, if you have Windows 11 you already have a ChatGPT like function in the far right of your taskbar.

AMD are already rolling them out with a sense of urgency, the entire Ryzen 8000 series have capable NPU's, oh its on...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ok so its not great and it's never heard of AMD :cry: but i maintain its pretty clever... you do get much better results using ChatGPT.

9MjqyjY.png

0Gw5rZv.png

4pes4ZF.png

Caporegime
@Robert896r1 is this what prompted you to say that?

Of course not needing a £400+ GPU for your day to day AI needs is not going to sit well with Nvidia. Boo Hoo...

Soldato
Many phone SOCs already integrate NPUs in them and AMD and Intel are late to the party. Most personal computers sold today use integrated graphics of some sort and an increasing number don't use Windows or X86. A lot of ARM based phones and tablets are the main computers for people now. So the vast majority of personal computers running AI acceleration locally are running on these systems.

Last edited:
Soldato
Many phone SOCs already integrate NPUs in them and AMD and Intel are late to the party. Most personal computers sold today use integrated graphics of some sort and an increasing number don't use Windows or X86. A lot of ARM based phones and tablets are the main computers for people now. So the vast majority of personal computers running AI acceleration locally are running on these systems.

Since 2017 for Apple, since 2017 iPhones have had AI NPU cores in them

Caporegime
What happened to Intel? He is right... Meteor Lake is a brand new cutting edge architecture that "will put AMD back in the box" all AMD did was tweak Phoenix, release it as Hawk Point and bam Intel are still behind, Strix which is a new architecture is just around the corner.

Intel can't keep up, even after spaffing billion's on trying to stop AMD they in turn twidle some knobs and OEM's are starting to get sick of Intel's Stuff.

Maybe they should concentrate on their fabs, we want and need those, instead they are wasting money on continuing their 30 year old war with AMD and losing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What happened to Intel? He is right... Meteor Lake is a brand new cutting edge architecture that "will put AMD back in the box" all AMD did was tweak Phoenix, release it as Hawk Point and bam Intel are still behind, Strix which is a new architecture is just around the corner.

Intel can't keep up, even after spaffing billion's on trying to stop AMD they in turn twidle some knobs and OEM's are starting to get sick of Intel's Stuff.

Maybe they should concentrate on their fabs, we want and need those, instead they are wasting money on continuing their 30 year old war with AMD and losing.

is that guy still deting videos everytime hes wrong? also 10000000000% biased towards AMD and clearly hates intel.

Associate
nvidia gpu's will blow out the NPU's on the upcoming AMD and Intel chips. It won't even be close.
I think like NPUs in phone SOCs, fixed function hardware should have far better perf/watt. Rather than competing with full training hardware, NPUs are for competing with phones and Apple Silicon IMO.

Far less versatile - there is a reason the big AI rush is most for hardware capable of training and inference - but still pretty capable at the things they can do.

Caporegime
Ok sure but he has a point, Meteor Lake was supposed to Intel's Sandy Bridge 2 moment, it not, not by a long way. Its always the next CPU...

AMD have doubled Ryzen notebook revenue from $0.7 Billion to $1.4 Billion, Intel have gone from $8.8 Billion to $7.5 Billion and it is by far and a long way their biggest revenue stream.

AMD have taken over the DIY market, made Intel entirely unprofitable in Datacentre, they are loosing money in that segment, SoC is almost gone... literally the only thing Intel have left of any real value is notebooks, and AMD are starting to steal that meal from under them too, Intel must feel like AMD are this parasite just slowly and relentlessly eating them alive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom