The Football League Play-Offs ** spoilers ** [12th - 20th May 2016]

Soldato
I don't want to comment too much on the match, because although I'd try, I would end up with some sort of bias in there...

However, that was probably the best match I've seen all season, especially the first half. After watching my team prance around the pitch like a bunch of pretty flowers, it was good to see 2 teams go for it and really give it everything they've got. Brilliant watch for the neutral.

Caporegime
It killed us. I was just turning to my mate saying we need to get another before half time as Wednesday would regroup for the second half and as I turned round the ball was is suddenly in the back of the net!...I was like 'erm, what just happened?'. If you fail to take good chances like we did though you will pay eventually
Talking to some Wednesday fans on the train home and they summed it up by saying that they simply gave everything in the first half and had nothing left after half time. Couple that with Wednesday getting more organised and the writing was on the wall.

It's funny because I said after you scored 'next goal wins', our goal came out of nothing (well, obviously because it was a cross that drifted in).

Visibly drained, and I was safe in the knowledge that Brighton will not be able to keep up this pace in the second half. Saying that, I was nervous at half time.

Also, Just watched the Highlights on Sky. I don't know how Knockaert's free kick stayed out!

Yeh, Knockaert's free kick, and set piece delivery is excellent. I thought Brighton got it wrong in the first leg, totally, (injuries not withstanding) and Knockaert was the only creative threat. Brighton went forward much better throughout the second leg.

Hard to predict the Final. I'd be edging towards Hull sneaking it though.

I have no feeling towards who will win, I'm confident that if Wednesday turn up and play to their full potential, then Wednesday will be promoted. Hull are a good side, if they do the same, they will go up. It should be a good match either way.

I had no expectation of promotion this season, even a top half finish would have been incredible. This feels like a strange dream, it's funny because Wednesday are doing so well, but personally, my life has fallen apart this last year.

Enjoy Wembley Tummy.

Ta, booking tickets tomorrow morning! Excited! :).

Hoping for Wednesday to get promoted as they use to be a big club and I haven't seen them in the BPL since I've been following football, Hillsborough is quite a nice stadium too.

There are a bunch of historic, well supported clubs, down in the lower leagues.

I don't want to comment too much on the match, because although I'd try, I would end up with some sort of bias in there...

However, that was probably the best match I've seen all season, especially the first half. After watching my team prance around the pitch like a bunch of pretty flowers, it was good to see 2 teams go for it and really give it everything they've got. Brilliant watch for the neutral.

Who are you and what have you done with Caseh?! haha.

Thought they were two excellent games of football to be honest.

Also; it's mental how much Palace fans hate Brighton? :confused:, I mean, I know where the rivalry started but they full on loath Brighton! So many posts, comments around from Palace fans!

Associate
Congratulations to Sheff Wed & Hull !

I hope anyone going has a great day. I'm really looking forward to watching the play off final and then Champions league final on the night!

Soldato
Gah!

I'll be driving through France during the Championship playoff final. The place I'm staying has no TV too.

It did cross my mind when booking the holiday that Wednesday might have a slim chance of making the final. Dammit. Hope mobile internet access works OK.

Soldato
Who are you and what have you done with Caseh?! haha.

Thought they were two excellent games of football to be honest.

Also; it's mental how much Palace fans hate Brighton? :confused:, I mean, I know where the rivalry started but they full on loath Brighton! So many posts, comments around from Palace fans!

Haha! I am pretty neutral, I'm not into all the rivalry thing. I have close friends that are Wednesday fans, why would I want those to spend their money and have a crap time? I wish SUFC were doing better, not that Wednesday were doing worse.

Back
Top Bottom