• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
I love these Furys, much better cards than the FXs :D

Just can't get over how quiet they are, its just like im browsing the net, and one cards in standby then, and none of the fans are going, as they don't come on until about 50 degrees :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Arrived today, this should keep her happy until she decides what cpu/mobo for the next part of the upgrade

SCzklcW.jpg

Fits perfectly inside the Air 240 idles about 25c havent really tested it yet.

A little bit of coil whine, but nothing you can hear with headset on.

oh and most important... the power leds switched to Purple. (Females)

Wish I was getting my new card soon...

Welcome and on TROH.:)

Associate
Shame about the coil whine, Out of interest what psu are you using?

Like I said it not crazy, its just there a little ( under full load ofc )

But we game with headphones so cant hear it at all.

Her PSU at the min is a 650w Corsair, once the other upgrades start next month it's on the list to be changed also.

Caporegime
Had my first ever experience of coil whine last night!!! Unbelievable, don't know how you guys could put up with it if it's all the time...

(it was in FC4 menu though running about 2500fps :D)

Associate
Couldn't resist and tired of waiting for the X to be in stock. Plus didn't want to gamble on the pump whine either. Needed something new and shiny to play with so just pulled the trigger on the sapphire. Looking forward to testing it out.

Associate
Fits nicely into her Air 240

Idle temps are 25-28c

Gaming loads from the quick test I did 40-45c

5NQFqnl.jpg

Next month is CPU/MOBO and yes, clean that rad... I know.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I turned my fps limiter off in the CCC earlier so I can see how well the Fury runs Mad Max as it does not drop below the 95 (although it says 95 I actually have it sitting at 94 all the time with no drops except when it moves from or too cut scenes) limit that the limiter offers and I noticed some coil whine for the first time. It's only in the menu when the fps counter is in the 2/3 thousand area that it happens so it's not a concern just thought I'd mention it.

I wanted to ask about something unrelated to that, The question is for other owners that use 120/144 hz monitors.

In the CCC (Catalyst control centre) it give me a maximum fps option of 95) That's on a monitor that registers at 75 hz even though it's actually a 60hz model (1920x1080 Benq GL2750).

On your 120/144 hz monitors does the CCC raise the maximum from 95 and if so too what?

Thanks.

Permabanned
Are custom waterblocks available for the Fury as it would be interesting to see how they perform with them.

Why?
It's on a reference pcb (Doesn't that mean yours would fit it?) and it has a cut down chip so it'll be slower than a Fury X and pointless as buying a waterblock would make it cost as much as an AIO Fury X while being slower.

Man of Honour
OP
Why?
It's on a reference pcb (Doesn't that mean yours would fit it?) and it has a cut down chip so it'll be slower than a Fury X and pointless as buying a waterblock would make it cost as much as an AIO Fury X while being slower.

Custom waterblocks improve the overclocking on the Fury X so in theory if you can fit them to a Fury P you could be looking at some very good overclocks.

A lot of the reviews I have seen for the Fury P show overclocks on stock volts lower than the X version, this has got to be down to using an air cooler.:)

Back
Top Bottom