• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Well that was odd, just opened a website on FF, and my whole screen just corrupted, got horizontal multicoloured lines all over it, i could still see my desktop behind it though, so i pressed CTRl+ALT+DEL to bring up the Blue Task Manager menu screen, and it came on fine, corruption just vanished, screen just went back to normal, so i just presssed ESC to get back to the desktop, and that also came back fine, strange.
Its happened about 5-8 time for me, Steam--> store does it the most but it has happened on the windows desktop as well. I have not tried CTRl+ALT+DEL to fix it, I just rebooted.

Permabanned
I had this bug for the third time last night and I tried CTRl+ALT+DEL for the first time and it solved it so I'm not bothered and happy to wait until they fix it in a driver. It's no biggie. There's so many pro's for this card after the con's with the 290x that I'd forgive it just about anything up to and including cheating with the wife :)

Caporegime
Its happened about 5-8 time for me, Steam--> store does it the most but it has happened on the windows desktop as well. I have not tried CTRl+ALT+DEL to fix it, I just rebooted.

I had this bug for the third time last night and I tried CTRl+ALT+DEL for the first time and it solved it so I'm not bothered and happy to wait until they fix it in a driver. It's no biggie. There's so many pro's for this card after the con's with the 290x that I'd forgive it just about anything up to and including cheating with the wife :)

Yeah works a treat, and only takes about 2secs if that, so as long as that sorts it, and it doesn't happen everyday/all the time, or while gaming, it doesn't really bother me either :)

Permabanned
Asus Strix all gone, only 8x Sapphire OCs left.

It'll be interesting to hear just how good the Strix models are in everyday real world use, It'd be great if someone who bought one can give accurate honest updates on how it run's cool? quiet? etc so we can all compare it too the Tri'x. We know it's slower out the box so some overclocking results would also be interesting. On air of course.

Associate
Arrived today, this should keep her happy until she decides what cpu/mobo for the next part of the upgrade

SCzklcW.jpg

Fits perfectly inside the Air 240 idles about 25c havent really tested it yet.

A little bit of coil whine, but nothing you can hear with headset on.

oh and most important... the power leds switched to Purple. (Females)

Wish I was getting my new card soon...

Last edited:
Permabanned
I must admit that I'd probably get a pair of Pro's (Fnarr) and hope they unlock rather than risk getting the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

That's the problem, I wanted the full Fiji but after waiting for new stock and then watching Loadsa get from the new stock and hearing it still had the problem I gave up, I would like to try unlocking my Tri-X but I simply can't afford to risk bricking it. It'd take me months to save up for a replacement and I sold the 290x I had before meaning the only other card I own is an Nvidia Inno3d 8600gt.

Back
Top Bottom