• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Where are you getting these prices from lol. i swear every day card prices in these threads magically increase..
Seriously do you not know Nvidia at all?

They milk like no tomorrow when there's no competition...just look at the 980- a mid-high graphic card branded as flagship at the time to compete against last gen graphic cards, pricing at £450-£500+...

And not to forget the 980Ti 12GB...*cough* I mean "Titan" X at £800-£900...

Soldato
And Nvidia users instead of bashing Fury X, they should be thanking AMD that 980Ti is at a price point that they can actually consider buying (£500~ instead of £650-£750) :p

Where are you getting these prices from lol. i swear every day card prices in these threads magically increase..

They are about £509 at with weekly deals and will go back up after to their normal prices. They are not magically increasing at all as this would suggest the 980Ti we under 500 quid which i have not seen yet lol.

the 980Ti would be sold out at under 500 quid trust me.

Associate
Just had confirmation that I should recieve mine tomorrow, not purchased from here. Not sure how I feel about it...

Happy to get a card that plays all the games I have, ill be happy with the temps, noise and for the price I think it's a OK deal. I could have spent more and got an overclocked 980Ti, but I think i'm better off keeping the money. Here's hoping for some nice driver gains :)

Associate
They are about £509 at with weekly deals and will go back up after to their normal prices. They are not magically increasing at all as this would suggest the 980Ti we under 500 quid which i have not seen yet lol.

the 980Ti would be sold out at under 500 quid trust me.

Show me a 980ti which isn't Asus branded, at stock speeds between £650-750. release or current price :)

the 980ti's which are now 500 are stock clocks apart from the inno3d card.

EDIT: Requoting what i quoted so you see the relevance:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179 View Post
And Nvidia users instead of bashing Fury X, they should be thanking AMD that 980Ti is at a price point that they can actually consider buying (£500~ instead of £650-£750)

Caporegime
Show me a 980ti which isn't Asus branded, at stock speeds between £650-750. release or current price :)

the 980ti's which are now 500 are stock clocks apart from the inno3d card.

I think what marine was suggesting was if these new AMD cards weren't on the horizon, nVidia would have tried flogging the 980ti for £650+

Not sure I'd agree to be honest, they've always charged a premium for their Titan cards but the other cards in their range are much more competitively priced.

Soldato
What killed it for me was the **** overclocking.

From one review they measured the real voltage at 1.22v, which enabled them to just about hit 1150mhz. This is one example but it would look to me like Big Tonga would hit a brick wall at around 1225-1250mhz at 1.3v.

I may be proved wrong, but we can't base overclocking results until we've made an overclocking thread on here and get a wide selection of results in from owners.

edit as you know voltage control is disabled from the regulator at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
Im taking it these are the Active leads someone like me would need to connect this card to our DVI ports to use this card for triple screens without nothing else. Also looking at the reviews im guessing that this card will be nearer Ti framerates at the 5760x1080 resolution which I believe is a little under 4k. This being split through eyefinity setup?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-068-SR

Soldato
From one review they measured the real voltage at 1.22v, which enabled them to just about hit 1150mhz. This is one example but it would look to me like Big Tonga would hit a brick wall at around 1225-1250mhz at 1.3v.

I may be proved wrong, but we can't base overclocking results until we've made an overclocking thread on here and get a wide selection of results in from owners.

edit as you know voltage control is disabled from the regulator at the moment.

I don't think the fury has much left in the tank even with voltage, if it had AMD would have boosted clocks and wiped out the ti. Things would look a lot better for them about now if they had.

Back
Top Bottom