• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Ehh what an anti climax..

Glad I've got a G1 980ti now.

I don't understand how with everyone making HBM such a huge deal that it fails to deliver in benchmarks.

Unless with new drivers and potential overclocking makes the Fury leap ahead of the 980ti

Might be possible

Soldato
I dont see why people are sayings its worse than the 980TI, from what i can see the performance is much the same.

BUT you get DX stuff thats 980TI doesnt have, You get a 3" shorter PCB, You get a Watercooled card.

All these are a Bonus and things i would rather have... Saves me £100 on an EK waterblock for a 980TI.

Associate
Loss right there. ;)

You think that person (not saying who;)) will make a loss;)

I dont see why people are sayings its worse than the 980TI, from what i can see the performance is much the same.

BUT you get DX stuff thats 980TI doesnt have, You get a 3" shorter PCB, You get a Watercooled card.

All these are a Bonus and things i would rather have... Saves me £100 on an EK waterblock for a 980TI.

Exactly!

Soldato

not everyone wants AIO it's more to go wrong with the card too. Whilst the fury looks good it's not for everyone.

Soldato

Shame I don't game on my PC much these days otherwise I woulda been all over one of these!

Always preferred the quality of the gfx of AMD cards compared to the ever so slight performance gain of nvidia ones.

It's a shame though - I expected a bit more though as its a next gen card. Maybe I'm getting too old and being used to 50-100% performance gains from older gfx cards has me spoilt lol. The performance jumps just ain't there anymore :(

It'll improve over time with newer drivers etc, and we've yet to see what DX12 will hold compared to nvidia - but as others here have pointed out, by that time we'll be on to another gen of cards.

EDIT: Back to my PS4 lol

Stu

Stu

Soldato

Are you trying to convince yourself or the rest of us?

Associate
what are disappointment..was looking for RL benchies and cant even properly touch 980Ti..
will keep 970 till next round of GPU's
what worries me is what happens when Nvidia put HBM 2.0 (or whatever will be called) on they next card?
those who got 980Ti made absolutely right decision
seems my 500 moneys i put for this card gonna be keepers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom