• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
I bought two and had to return them due to them both having pump issues, I am not slating the card, simply AMD's handling of the siuation, I am out of pocket £37 which is the cost of having to return them insured. :p

Only today LoadsaMoney has had to return his due to this issue and when AMD reps make silly comments like RIP Whinegate, no one says boo to them.

But owners like myself who paid over £1000 for a pair dares to say something negative and the usual suspects pop their heads out of the sand to have their say and most of them have not owned one.

+1

Had four cards, cost me +2000£ and had to return all of them due to pump noise issue (probably around £80 down in return costs).

Very unhappy with AMD and the poor, if not total lack of, quality control done for what is supposed to be their top of the line high end product. Not to mention AMDJoe's comment earlier in the topic trying to minimize the situation which made me very angry :mad:

The Fury X is a great piece of technology and a great achievement in my opinion, and I love it for that. However the Fury X as a retail product is a complete failure to my eyes and an insult to hardware enthusiasts like us. Not just because of the quality issues but also because of the way the problem has been handled by AMD PR/Sales teams. And don't get me wrong I have no hard feelings against either Joe or Matt, I have enough Senior Management experience in big corporations to know that decisions which matter in this case are not made at their level.

Anyway, in my case my attempts to buy a Fury X were the last time I go for an AMD product, I'm done with them.

I have nothing against people who are happy with their purchase but I think it is also legitimate for those of us who had a bad experience to report it on the forum as well. Readers will then make an informed decision on whether or not they want to buy a Fury X.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I think it is also legitimate for those of us who had a bad experience to report it on the forum as well. Readers will then make an informed decision on whether or not they want to buy a Fury X.

+1,
It needs to be reported and rereported at regular intervals or else it get's lost in the noise. That's why I always mention the issues we had with MSI and Asus 290x's when needed. I've lost count of all the threads where someone has come on the forum and asked about a card like the TFIV or DCUII 290 or 290x and the thread gets inundated with posts saying how great Hawaii is etc etc, when in truth as good as the chip is buying one from those brands is a lottery. That's not doing people a service and helping them out, There screwing them over.

Keep telling your story whenever someone is asking, Don't let the usual suspects drown you out, Give an honest account of your experience with the product. That's all that can be asked and we shouldn't be shouted down for doing so.

Associate
+1

Had four cards, cost me +2000£ and had to return all of them due to pump noise issue (probably around £80 down in return costs).

Very unhappy with AMD and the poor, if not total lack of, quality control done for what is supposed to be their top of the line high end product. Not to mention AMDJoe's comment earlier in the topic trying to minimize the situation which made me very angry :mad:

The Fury X is a great piece of technology and a great achievement in my opinion, and I love it for that. However the Fury X as a retail product is a complete failure to my eyes and an insult to hardware enthusiasts like us. Not just because of the quality issues but also because of the way the problem has been handled by AMD PR/Sales teams. And don't get me wrong I have no hard feelings against either Joe or Matt, I have enough Senior Management experience in big corporations to know that decisions which matter in this case are not made at their level.

Anyway, in my case my attempts to buy a Fury X were the last time I go for an AMD product, I'm done with them.

I have nothing against people who are happy with their purchase but I think it is also legitimate for those of us who had a bad experience to report it on the forum as well. Readers will then make an informed decision on whether or not they want to buy a Fury X.

Totally agree Chewie, I feel it is only right we point out to potential buyers that this issue has NOT been fixed, regardless of how some folk on here will tell you different.

Had AMD released an official statement saying that all faulty cards would be replaced then I would have held off returning them and swapped them at a later date, but no they release a statement saying only press review models were affected and when we post here to make people aware of this we get attacked and accused of trolling and like I said some of the people accusing have not owned a Fury X so who is trolling here?

It is a shame as I like the Fury X, it is a good card, stupid decisions stopped it from being a great card, lack of HDMI 2 support, poor overclocking which would not be so bad had they not claimed it was an Overclockers dream!

I really hope they get bought out by a proper company because currently it is run by muppets and judging by the lack of owners on these threads that is a distinct possibility.

Yet another incredibly frustrating experience at the hands of AMD, like you never again.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought two and had to return them due to them both having pump issues, I am not slating the card, simply AMD's handling of the siuation, I am out of pocket £37 which is the cost of having to return them insured. :p

Only today LoadsaMoney has had to return his due to this issue and when AMD reps make silly comments like RIP Whinegate, no one says boo to them.

But owners like myself who paid over £1000 for a pair dares to say something negative and the usual suspects pop their heads out of the sand to have their say and most of them have not owned one.

Good post, i can deal posts like this, honest.

+1

Cracking post, again i have no issues with this being posted, it's informative and honest, i also agree with you, i love my Fury X's, lucky i have two that don't whine, but on the whole, it's a terrible launch from AMD.

This is where my problem is, either you've owned the card or not, if you have great, post your findings, if you haven't, **** off.

Soldato
+1,
It needs to be reported and rereported at regular intervals or else it get's lost in the noise. That's why I always mention the issues we had with MSI and Asus 290x's when needed. I've lost count of all the threads where someone has come on the forum and asked about a card like the TFIV or DCUII 290 or 290x and the thread gets inundated with posts saying how great Hawaii is etc etc, when in truth as good as the chip is buying one from those brands is a lottery. That's not doing people a service and helping them out, There screwing them over.

Keep telling your story whenever someone is asking, Don't let the usual suspects drown you out, Give an honest account of your experience with the product. That's all that can be asked and we shouldn't be shouted down for doing so.

first batch had an issue with Fury x, since then its fixed.
asus had issues with dc2 cooler on the 290 but then they fixed it but the rumor stays.:rolleyes:

I read of tons of people buying the fury x and its dead silent and cool.
best card in the world bar none with windows 10.

The 970 have big issue coilwhine and 3.5gb sold as 4gb.
you wont see much complaining about that for some reason.:rolleyes:

Associate
first batch had an issue with Fury x, since then its fixed.
asus had issues with dc2 cooler on the 290 but then they fixed it but the rumor stays.:rolleyes:

I read of tons of people buying the fury x and its dead silent and cool.
best card in the world bar none with windows 10.

The 970 have big issue coilwhine and 3.5gb sold as 4gb.
you wont see much complaining about that for some reason.:rolleyes:

Nope they are not fixed. I bought a Asus Radeon Fury X on saturday

Here is the first card I bought (XFX R9 FURY X)

You tell me if they sound dead silent? Both videos takin while my PC was idling.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why do people use the ROH as a measurment of sales? The non X had hundreds in stock and just 7 are left, yet only a few people are on the ROH.
It means nothing.

It is a fair gauge to what is sold in truth. If you look at the many Roll of Honours that Kaap does, it will give a fair reflection of how many are bought.

Associate
It is a fair gauge to what is sold in truth. If you look at the many Roll of Honours that Kaap does, it will give a fair reflection of how many are bought.

Don't forget the vast majority of OCuk customers wont use the forums. While the ROH might be a good general indicator, it's hardly in proportion to the actual sales.

Associate

I'm sorry but I disagree. I don't think it is a fair gauge, it's merely a representation of what has been sold to the OC UK community. And that is very different to what has been sold to customers in general.
For instance I have a lof of friends who regularly buy from OC UK but none of them are on the forum and they have no interest in joining it (they purely see OC UK as an online retail site and that's it).

Caporegime
I'm sorry but I disagree. I don't think it is a fair gauge, it's merely a representation of what has been sold to the OC UK community. And that is very different to what has been sold to customers in general.
For instance I have a lof of friends who regularly buy from OC UK but none of them are on the forum and they have no interest in joining it (they purely see OC UK as an online retail site and that's it).

There was a lot of stock on the Titan X at launch but not that many posted on the ROH, so it is the same both ways.

Soldato
it isn't going to be accurate in absolute terms, obviously, but as a very rough gauge of proportions it probably isn't a bad shout

if one TROH shows 10 of something and the other shows 100, it probably isn't far off to say that one is outselling the other 10-1

Associate
Yes, there is no problem posting your finding once or twice. But not over and over and over again.
I don't see chewie posting here every day reiterating same stuff.
Firefox35, how long ago did you return yours? Are you still buying them and returning them right now? What is D.P. doing here reiterating other people's misfortunes? Itnis fair to note your problems, but man it gets very annoying when same person comes back a month or two after his issue and keeps talking about his issue which we already heard about.

Back
Top Bottom