• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
To be fair they should really limit stock to maximum of 2 per paying customer... otherwise we see things like one customer with 4 and one with NOTHING, which really isn't fair at all.

Good idea and personally think for the first week or so this should be put in place but then there would be people moaning that they can only spend a measly £1200 on GPU's ergo we enter anorak territory :p

Associate
Good idea and personally think for the first week or so this should be put in place but then there would be people moaning that they can only spend a measly £1200 on GPU's ergo we enter anorak territory :p

I tell you what. If OCuk limit stock (they wont) then I'll personally give up my FuryX order to someone else:)

btw the links on your signature are backward, twitter send you to driver, and vice versa

Look AMD like to do things in reverse, OK!

Soldato
Bet Matts had 4 for weeks. Surely you get given them? Just being polite so folk don't ask questions before NDA lifts. Won't be mashing f5 today though got the £ want to see benches first. Take bets on which site has 1st review up? Videocardz I reckon. Where will you guys look first?

Associate
My concern with amd and this review nda feels a little off. If something doesn't feel right, it normally isn't right. It's a bit like game DEVS not allowing reviews to go out before release of a game. In the last year or so, we've seen in a lot of those cases, the game has been pretty poor. To me, this feels similar, are AMD just hoping they can shift masses of cards on hype alone. I want one as I'm moving from older cards than a lot of you, but I'm not prepared to get caught up in obvious price gouging from retailers on a product what have yet to see the full SP on. Hate analogys and all that, but do we ever buy something expensive without trying it on, driving it, using it, playing it etc?? If they are over £600 today, I'll sit back and watch how things go.

Some bench marks out last night seem to support your concern

Associate
Bet Matts had 4 for weeks. Surely you get given them? Just being polite so folk don't ask questions before NDA lifts. Won't be mashing f5 today though got the £ want to see benches first. Take bets on which site has 1st review up? Videocardz I reckon. Where will you guys look first?

Yup of course he gets them given to him...

I would like to know if he's tried the new Batman game. 6GB memory usage is being reported and it seems only the 980 Ti and Titan X's can handle it (my SLI 980 system drops massively when driving).. so how does the 4GB Fury X hold up?

Some bench marks out last night seem to support your concern

You can't say that and then not link to proof...

Last edited:
Associate
From what I have seen it doesn't look like something you can ditch easily and there are no waterblocks for the cards yet anyways. Also I don't want to buy another monitor... I'm happy with the one I have which my wife bought be for Christmas.

I've also just spent 4k on a build... you can see some of the stuff I bought on the watercooling forum here! I'll post a full list and pictures when it all arrives. Most will be here this week and some will be here when OCuk get their arses into gear and get the stock in;)

what would you need a waterblock for ? the AMD loop, cools memory, chip and VRMs if am not mistaken.

Caporegime
btw the links on your signature are backward, twitter send you to driver, and vice versa

Thanks, corrected. :o

I get a lot of free hardware for sure, but I've paid for 4x Fury X out of my own pocket. :)

Underboss
I just want to see the Fury X vs the 980Ti in 1080p and 1440p benchmarks. Think a lot of people are waiting for the same thing.

Good luck all trying to get one today, may your F5 key remain unbroken and your wallets be empty come 13:02pm. For those who are about to step blindly into the beyond - we salute you.

Hope they are cracking cards though!

Back
Top Bottom