• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Considering I've seen some games use upwards of 8GB at 4K, Probably because it's available not because it needs it but still I'm having my doubts about 4GB on the Fury X being enough.

AMD are probably just bringing this out because Nvidia are skipping HBM1 and going straight to HBM2 so want to be the only vendor out with an HBM card even if it's not totally up to snuff.

Those are quite old now.

HBM gives quite a big power reduction. It was the only way AMD could release sub-300W cards that compete with NVIDIA on performance.

Caporegime
Associate
toodoo9011 said:
unless you get 2 of them..is crossfire really bad compared to sli...

In my experience yes, I found owning the 295x2 a very very frustrating experience, I was constantly waiting for drivers for new releases and when they were released they were poorly optimised meaning I spent most the time tinkering in settings trying to find a compromise rather than playing any games.

Never again will I go crossfire, single card driver support is not too bad.

Caporegime
In my experience yes, I found owning the 295x2 a very very frustrating experience, I was constantly waiting for drivers for new releases and when they were released they were poorly optimised meaning I spent most the time tinkering in settings trying to find a compromise rather than playing any games.

Never again will I go crossfire, single card driver support is not too bad.

Agreed, I got pretty frustrated with my 295x2 too (esp once I moved onto late 2014/2015 games! :D).

Had hardly any probs with my 980's and they clock REALLY well (score roughly the same as a stock 980Ti SLi setup :cool:)

I think AMD will have a *lot* easier time with DX12, mainly due to the API being built with mGPU in mind :)

(and my guess is that they've been concentrating on their Win10 drivers for a fair while now and neglecting DX11 ones...)

Permabanned
I think it's a fantastic looking card. Happy that they have decided to stop "we haz the longest card" nonsense. I bought an expensive motherboard so I can see it in all its black and red glory! Not to be covered up by a foot long grahpics card.

Has there been a confirmed price yet btw?

Caporegime
Well my 980 SLI setup (4GB) plays most games at 4k, because most games don't really utilize more than that at the moment. The recent batman game DOES use more than 4GB as it's poorly optimised and not because its graphically intensive.

Im sure ive seen it posted that even on 1080p Batman uses 6gb of a titanx card! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom