• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Gamers Guide To Mantle

Caporegime
OP
E3 2014 game list

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2014

Possible Mantle games

**Already announced

Battlefield 5
Battlefield Hardline
Civilization: Beyond Earth **
Dragon Age: Inquisition **
Mass Effect 4
Mirror's Edge 2
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars (Visceral Project)

I would expect most of these, if not all of them to have Mantle support come release. Mantle is built into the Frostbite 3 engine, but it's up to EA/Dev to provide support for it on a game per game basis.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
OP
Three new Mantle titles, though i think most of us knew these were coming. Now officially announced.

xbF5zk3.jpg

Battlefield Hardline
Dragon Age Inquisition
Plants Vs Zombies
Civilization: Beyond Earth *previously announced

E3 2014: EA, AMD Announces Mantle Support For Multiple Upcoming Titles

Alright, putting my fanboyism back in the closet for now, winning different types of games is actually critical to AMD's plan of pushing broad Mantle adoption across the PC ecosystem. The number of BF4 players who will also play Battlefield Hardline is fairly high -- but the gamers that buy Civilization: Beyond Earth or Dragon Age: Inquisition may never touch a Battlefield title. Driving Mantle adoption in non-FPS games is the best way to ensure it sweeps across a variety of market segments.

Full Article
http://hothardware.com/News/E3-2014...Support-For-Multiple-Upcoming-Titles-/#!Xlhko

Caporegime
OP
AMD: More Mantle Games Are On The Way

Hello PC gaming fans! With the recent announcement of widespread availability of the entire AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics lineup at original suggested list prices, there could hardly be a better time to get your game on with AMD. This week we’re focusing on one of the AMD Radeon R9 Series graphics cards’ most compelling attributes: Mantle API support. Mantle is already enjoying rapid industry adoption, but there are a few recent developments that are once again causing Mantle to make news in the media:

On March 19 we announced a technology partnership that will add Mantle support to CRYENGINE® — the game engine behind blockbuster titles like Crysis and FarCry.

On March 20 Microsoft announced DirectX® 12, the next major evolution of its own game API. This is terrific news because it really draws attention to the value of low-level programming and Mantle’s leading contribution. With DirectX 12 games still over 18 months away and no alternatives in sight for Linux gamers, Mantle’s future looks bright.

On April 14 we announced that the upcoming release of Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth will support Mantle. In case you’re not familiar with the series, the current iteration is Civilization V, which, despite being nearly four years old, remains the sixth most played game according to Steam1. With Mantle in its arsenal, the next installment could be even bigger.

On April 16 we published a Mantle whitepaper, giving developers and enthusiast gamers a deep, technical insight into the technology. Have a look to find out how Mantle delivers such dramatic performance increases.

On May 1 we launched the Mantle SDK beta, which made Mantle available to a much greater number and variety of game developers. That should help accelerate the proliferation of Mantle-enabled game titles.

On June 9 EA announced that three of its upcoming games would support Mantle: Battlefield Hardline, Dragon Age Inquisition and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Each of these brings new features, maps and gameplay to already-popular franchises. If the results we saw with Mantle in Battlefield 4 are anything to go by, these games should absolutely fly on AMD Radeon™ hardware.

Source
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2014/06/10/amd_more_mantle_games_are_on_way/

Caporegime
OP
farcry4....crytek...cryengine...i wonder..hmmm...Mantle ?

Farcry 4 uses Cryengine?? Mantle could surely overpower the negative effects of GameWorks.

I remain skeptical that Farcry 4 will support Mantle though because they support GameWorks. I don't think you can have your cake and eat it.

Caporegime
OP
it's developed by crytek, so yea they use cryengine, it's published by ubisoft, unless they sold the licence or something

I edited my post slightly but Hmm.

Could Mantle overcome the negative effects of GameWorks? Now there is an interesting debate for another day.

I'll say it now, if Ubisoft support Mantle in Farcry 4, they win some respect back, plus ill buy the game. Still can't see it happening though lol.

Caporegime
OP
Old article but i didn't realise that Mantle will be baked into the Rebellion Asura engine. I'd expect a string of Mantle games from this publisher then, starting with Sniper Elite V3.

We are proud to announce that we will be working closely with AMD to add Mantle support to our in-house game engine, Asura.

As Rebellion's CTO and Co-founder, Chris Kingsley explains, Asura powers all of our games – from – from advanced PC titles, to mobile and next-generation console games:

"It supports more platforms than almost any other engine we can think of and has important cutting edge features, including: tessellation, DirectX® 11 Compute Shaders, AMD Eyefinity technology, multi-GPU support and more."

"As one of Europe’s leading independent games studios we're dedicated to constantly pushing our technology as far as we can, and we're excited about the possibilities that Mantle brings to PC gaming and the industry as a whole."

Rebellion CEO and Creative Director, Jason Kingsley confirms that support for Mantle will be a crucial part of our plans for the next year:

"We believe that supporting Mantle will enable us to stay on the bleeding edge of PC gaming and ensure that we don’t leave any performance on the table when it comes to offering gamers amazing experiences."

"Our first Mantle supported title will of course be our flagship 2014 game, Sniper Elite 3. And although we can’t talk about them right now we can’t wait to reveal even more titles with Mantle support in the next year."

"Supporting Mantle in all our future PC titles will play a big part in what will be a huge year for Rebellion. 2013 has been a hugely exciting year for the studio, and 2014 is lining up to be even better.

Source
http://www.rebellion.co.uk/blog/2013/11/21/rebellion-throws-weight-behind-amd-mantle

Back
Top Bottom