The gaming music thread.

Permabanned
Lol at the irony. Both the games you quoted are very old games now. I don't care how great the music in games is, I play games to immerse myself in a virtual world and in real life there are no orchestras following you around to do a key change let you know you are in danger, or that the big castle you just spied in the distance should be revered in awe because they did a majestic trumpit solo.

You like music in games, great. I personally believe it is a waste of money that could be spent on better AI, or graphics.

They are modern by todays standards. I'm talking chip tunes and basic effects. They have orchestral scores and those instument's are not going to change anytime soon so those soundtracks could quite easily fit onto a game made today.

Lol away though, whatever gets you going. I get we all have differing opinions and that's cool but you are coming across as overly defensive and pretty rude to be honest.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Lol at the irony. Both the games you quoted are very old games now. I don't care how great the music in games is, I play games to immerse myself in a virtual world and in real life there are no orchestras following you around to do a key change let you know you are in danger, or that the big castle you just spied in the distance should be revered in awe because they did a majestic trumpit solo.

You like music in games, great. I personally believe it is a waste of money that could be spent on better AI, or graphics.

This is pretty much how I think, I can't remember any in game music at all and I've been gaming since my dad brought home a Commordore 64 back in the 80's. First thing I do when I start a new game is turn down the in game music.

Associate
Quite partial to the Deus Ex Human Revolution tracks, even got one as my ringtone. Simple and not over blown, fits the gameplay mood perfectly but stands up on its own as well.

Soldato
Recently completed Wasteland 3 and quite liked the soundtrack.

Really sets the atmosphere. Was fantastic when "The Blood Of The Lamb" started playing at the start of a fight.

Soldato
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Age of Empires 1 and 2
Age of Mythology
Various Final Fantasy Games (Mainly 7 and 8)
Tekken 3

Just a few that I own and listen to regularly. Age of Mythology is excellent for some background music to work too.

Associate
Great music from memory:

Amiga: xenon 2, harlequin, lemmings
Megadrive: streets of rage 1 and 2
N64 MP: perfect dark skedar mystery
PS : all Wipeouts
Pc: C&c red Alert 2

Dup

Dup

Soldato
This has always stood out for me. Some great ones in the Halo series.

Doom 2016 soundtrack is pretty much perfect too, hits just right with the action.

Back
Top Bottom