The Grand Tour

Soldato
probably, you can buy most if not all of the amazon originals in various different formats.

Yea, I was just looking at other shows they do, Mr Robot is £2.50 per EP or you can buy the full season, also BR is available.

Only downside is if I want the full season on BR I guess I'll have to wait until they have all been released, leaving me with an agonising wait :(

Soldato
The episode of (old) TG where Chris Evans was the SIARC was on Dave yesterday. Chris Evans saying something along the lines of "I'm far from a petrolhead. In fact I know absolutely nothing about any of my cars".

Soldato
I don't have prime and don't want to pay £80 a year for it, I don't buy enough to warrant it for free deliveries, when I do I'm happy to wait a few days and have free delivery. I wouldn't use the music service and I can't see me watching anything else.

Will it be possible to buy a season of TGT or individual episodes?

Also what will the quality be like? TG always looked and sounded good on BBC 2 HD on Sky.

Actually, will they release this on Blu-Ray? I'd be much happier with BR quality especially with DTS HD MA sound.

There is a monthly video only option. That's what I have.

Associate
https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/766585246267609088

:D:D:D

EDIT: Forgot that this forum doesn't automatically embed tweets.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...an-caught-driving-without-steering-wheel.html

The 38-year-old was pulled over in the Adelaide suburb of Gilles Plains on Monday morning for dangerous driving with two blown tyres.
On closer inspection police discovered that the white Holden sedan was being controlled with a set of pliers, which had been attached to the steering column.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02625/Steering-wheel_2625587b.jpg

** Hotlinked image removed **

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
South African taxis have done that for decades, the lack of steering wheel means they can move the seat forward a bit and squeeze another person in. These are the same taxis that have rolled down Van Reenen's Pass only to have the investigation find MDF (yes, the wood) brake pads in the calipers.

Associate
Lets be honest, it can't be worse than the gingers attempt at top gear! I just hope it's entertaining, it's an entertainment show after all. I'm a fifth gear fan.

Soldato
So The Grand Tour finally has a release date for the first episode:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016...show-the-grand-tour-finally-has-a-launch-date

In short, Friday 18th November with a new episode being aired every Friday for a total of 12 episodes.

I can't link the YouTube video right now as I'm at work, but if you search on YouTube it will come up under the The Grand Tours official channel. They've also been posting clips over the past few months of snippets from the show.

Soldato
Seems a bit strange to release it weekly on an on demand video service? I thought the whole point was to move away from that.

I could be wrong here, but it could be related to the fact that you can sign up to Prime Instant video on a monthly basis at a cost of something like £5.99 a month so by releasing over 3 months rather than in one go, they will get more subscriptions out of people.

It's probably not for this reason but just a thought.

Soldato
I could be wrong here, but it could be related to the fact that you can sign up to Prime Instant video on a monthly basis at a cost of something like £5.99 a month so by releasing over 3 months rather than in one go, they will get more subscriptions out of people.

Nope, i think you've thoroughly wanged the nail on the head here. Given the fact it's likely to be the biggest thing they've done on Amazon (now Amzon) Prime, it's definitely a wise move for business.

Soldato
Nope, i think you've thoroughly wanged the nail on the head here. Given the fact it's likely to be the biggest thing they've done on Amazon (now Amzon) Prime, it's definitely a wise move for business.

I wonder how much they will make off this release, I imagine they will have quite high targets for it.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to it. I really hope it lives up to it.

Soldato

If it's like top gear there will be certain parts of the show that are filmed very close to the air date to keep it as current as possible.

Back
Top Bottom