The GTR is dead! Long live the cryptolambo!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Also post dyno video but no chart?

I had to pop off before grabbing it yesterday, Iain just emailed it through though.

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So no peak power gain, but removed flat spot higher up?

To be honest 525HP is pretty awesome on that engine with how special they were. :)

Yea, though pretty sure the valves were closed at the start of the run, the kline controller isnt 100% and will sometimes close if you pass over the 3k rpm barrier such as on the rundown or after the config. Ultimately without an actual remap I wasnt expecting anything, so no quibbles either way.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Are there many gains to be had from a remap? I assumed it's already fairly well tuned and NA so not many ponies in reserve? I guess you have decat now though?

For the money, its not worth it, unless you go motec the original ECU is pretty damn locked down, youre limited to advancing the timing and a few other bits, it will gain you 30hp and 25tq or so...

Soldato
525hp sounds plenty to me regardless! It's all about the experience anyway right, the Lamborghini aura and that howling V10. If you were after outright point to point performance you'd still be in the GTR. I know where I'd rather be sat anyway :cool:

Man of Honour
525hp sounds plenty to me regardless! It's all about the experience anyway right, the Lamborghini aura and that howling V10. If you were after outright point to point performance you'd still be in the GTR. I know where I'd rather be sat anyway :cool:

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get used to 500hp+

A mildly tuned GTR goes from "holy **** it difficult to think as fast as this" to "yea, some more would be nice now" in a few days

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Hey all!

So today was "day on a runway" with @Gibbo which involved vmax 1 mile runs and a sprint circuit.

Highly impressed with the car, on circuit the winning time was a 49.something, which was a GTR that was stripped out and track prepared running 700ftlbs and 800hp. Managed a 54.something by the end of the day, and if there was some stickier rubber on the car think it was capable of quite a bit more as I kept having to lift at the high speed part of the track.

A quick video of one of the high speed runs:

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Very nice. How does one find out about such events?

Buy a GTR :D

These events are mainly set up by GTRDC and GTRCartel, so the events arent really open to the "public". You have vmax, but I dont know of other organizers which allow max speed events (likely insurance reasons), and likewise vmax is priced to ensure that chav-dave isn't the primary attendee. And @Gibbo has been to enough events hes just a familiar face now so he can blag his way in ;)

Soldato
Buy a GTR :D

These events are mainly set up by GTRDC and GTRCartel, so the events arent really open to the "public". You have vmax, but I dont know of other organizers which allow max speed events (likely insurance reasons), and likewise vmax is priced to ensure that chav-dave isn't the primary attendee. And @Gibbo has been to enough events hes just a familiar face now so he can blag his way in ;)

Vmax is awesome and the times I've been have felt very special. I found it far better to go as a passenger so you can jump in everyone else's cars and experience lots of different super cars in quick succession. It felt almost strange getting bored of Aston Martins!

OcUK Staff
Another video from @Gibbo s awesome girlfriend. So.. car can be heard quite a distance away :D:D:D

We were joking how we can still hear you over a mile away. :D
Yep awesome she is, she loves the fact she has now being out in three yellow beast, she can now nearly hold her screams in on the straights, but the twisty stuff, no chance. :D

OcUK Staff
She was remarkably restrained when I took her on the sprint course, though a few squeals came out on the tighter corners :D

She did well, in fairness on my first go I got lost, LOL. The second go I was just throwing the car around to see basically what happens when its out of control, it got rather sideways but it feels well balanced and the front-end is nothing short of amazing, never felt such a sharp and grippy front-end before and rear is telepathic? :)

Back
Top Bottom