• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 960 Owners Thread

OcUK Staff
I am in a similar situation with a 1gb radeon 5850. I read something last night that said there may be 4gb versions coming out at the start of March. I don't know how much salt we need to take with that though. I can't find any info about the ti version at all. Not sure I can wait much longer to be honest!

4GB would be absolutely pointless on this card with 128 bit interface, as it has nowhere near the GPU power to play games where 4GB comes into use such as heavy textures or high resolutions. So you'd just be wasting your money

Soldato
Am i the only one who thinks the base model of the 960 is a little overpriced? I was considering either the 960 or waiting for the ti version.
I'm currently on a 1gb msi 560ti, so it would be a big improvement.
But I have to admit I am a little put off by how much it costs for the performance you get.

Yeah its awful value for a crippled card.

Man of Honour
OP
Totally, as I said in another thread they are about 30/40 quid too expensive. Especially when you consider a decent 960 is £190.... now buy two of those.... and for £20 more you could have had a 980!

All depends which 980 you use to compare with, I use the EVGA SC 980 for example.

What I am looking forward to is how a pair of 960s get on going up against one of my 980s.

Permabanned
Had email from OCUK 960gtxx NEXT-GEN gaming. Someone got sarcastic sense of humor with those cards. Maybe next-gen gaming is that you can only play on detail setting from next gen consoles and thats if you are lucky :D

Soldato
I am in a similar situation with a 1gb radeon 5850. I read something last night that said there may be 4gb versions coming out at the start of March. I don't know how much salt we need to take with that though. I can't find any info about the ti version at all. Not sure I can wait much longer to be honest!

Your card was one but top of the range at the time. The equivalent today would be the R9 290 or the GTX970.

Associate
Totally, as I said in another thread they are about 30/40 quid too expensive. Especially when you consider a decent 960 is £190.... now buy two of those.... and for £20 more you could have had a 980!

Or 2 960s - £80 you could have had a 970 which is probably much better off when you think it performs about twice as good as one of these without scaling for 50% more money.

These should be £140 max IMO like the r9 270 but let's face it NVIDIA will sell but loads even at this price so why lower it?

Back
Top Bottom