• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 960 Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Lol yea missed the sarcasm.

:D:D:D:D

On a serious note, I like technology but it does not have to be the fastest and the latest. It can be low, mid or high end as long as it is interesting. This is why I like doing the bench threads so I can see how things like an i7 920 and a R9 280 do, this is more interesting than the latest top end hardware.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
:D:D:D:D

On a serious note, I like technology but it does not have to be the fastest and the latest. It can be low, mid or high end as long as it is interesting. This is why I like doing the bench threads so I can see how things like an i7 920 and a R9 280 do, this is more interesting than the latest top end hardware.:)

Yea i agree. I only bench now and then but it's good to see how my I7 920 is still keeping up and beating the latest I5's in things with good threading.

Man of Honour
OP
Yea i agree. I only bench now and then but it's good to see how my I7 920 is still keeping up and beating the latest I5's in things with good threading.

Just before xmas I gave away a couple of my old i7 9XX based PCs as I needed the room. I gave them to a couple of guys at work so their kids could use them for gaming and writing programming code. After using consoles they were well impressed with the performance.:D:)

Soldato
Just before xmas I gave away a couple of my old i7 9XX based PCs as I needed the room. I gave them to a couple of guys at work so their kids could use them for gaming and writing programming code. After using consoles they were well impressed with the performance.:D:)

I am not surprised they are still good cpu's after all this time.

Soldato
Fixed.:D

I feel a little bit embarrassed at the moment as intel don't seem to produce top quality next gen CPUs any more.

My real name is Robert Noyce (google it) and coming from Southampton I could be related to the intel one.:D

Yea Amd really need something decent to force Intel into upping there game. Kaapstad the Co Founder of Intel lol. Is your middle name Norton as well.

Soldato
Received a nice iChill GTX960 from OCUK yesterday. Will replace the R290 in my backup/spare rig which hopefully may recover most of the cost of the GTX960 (which I know is slower, but it's a secondary rig and the 0db idle more than makes up for it).

Man of Honour
OP
EVGA announces three GTX 960 4GB graphics cards.

PpgLALF.png

EVGA announces three GTX 960 4GB graphics cards

Standard, SuperSC and FTW versions

EVGA has announced new additions to its Geforce lineup, including no less than three different GTX 960 graphics cards with 4GB of GDDR5 memory, standard one, GTX 960 4GB SSC and the GTX 960 FTW.

All three new EVGA GTX 960 4GB graphics cards are based on the well known Nvidia 28nm GM206 Maxwell GPU with 1024 CUDA cores and 128-bit memory interface as well as feature EVGA's well known ACX 2.0+ cooler. All new EVGA GTX 960 4GB graphics cards, including the standard one, will be based on the same PCB design with 6+2-phase VRM drawing power from an 8-pin PCI-Express power connector as well as feature a Double BIOS feature.

The only difference between these three new EVGA GTX 960 graphics cards are the actual GPU clocks, so while the standard EVGA GTX 960 4GB ACX 2.0+ will work at 1127 and 1178MHz for the GPU base and the GPU Boost clocks, the EVGA GTX 960 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ will be factory-overclocked to 1279MHz for the GPU base and 1342MHz for the GPU Boost clock.

The highest factory-overclocked version will be the EVGA GTX 960 4GB FTW ACX 2.0+ which works at a rather impressive 1304MHz for the GPU base and 1367MHz for the GPU Boost clock.

All three graphics cards will share the same 4GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at reference 7010MHz.

Unfortunately, the price and the availability date are yet to be unveiled.

IJViG88.jpg

5RrKU2y.jpg.png

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/graphics/37178-evga-announces-three-gtx-960-4gb-graphics-cards

http://eu.evga.com/articles/00914/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-960-4GB/

Mei

Mei

Soldato
the price performance next to a 290 wont be pretty
but i guess they wont try to justify it

i honestly dont mind the itx versions tho(2gb), that to me makes sense

Associate
I just bought a system from OCUK containing a KFA2 960, coming from a Radeon 5750 it's a nice enough jump for me.

Looking to get it setup with up to three 24" monitors in the future. I probably only need 2 but it would be nice to have the option of adding a third.

Soldato
It's a nice enough card but it really can't compete competitively at it's current price. For not a lot more £££ you can get a 290. As for gaming across three 24" screens (assuming 1080p each) I think even SLI GTX 460's would struggle. Lack of memory bandwith and only 2GB would struggle I would have thought.

Associate
Don't really plan on using them for gaming too much mainly multitasking nothing too taxing. As I said for me it's enough though I may change my mind when GTA V comes out.

Man of Honour
OP
GIGABYTE Announces a Pair of GeForce GTX 960 4GB Graphics Cards.

GIGABYTE rolled out a pair of GeForce GTX 960 graphics cards with 4 GB of onboard memory, the N960WF2OC-4GD (WindForce 2X), and the N960G1 GAMING-4GD (G1.Gaming). The N960WF2OC-4GD features a compact twin-fan WindForce 2X cooling solution, and offers a minor factory-overclock of 1241 MHz core with 1304 MHz GPU Boost (compared to reference speeds of 1216/1279 MHz.) The N960G1 GAMING-4GD, on the other hand, features the company's top of the line WindForce 3X cooling solution, which takes advantage of its meaty heatsink to keep the fans off until a temperature threshold is reached, with the 120W TDP GPU. This card serves up 1266 MHz core, and 1304 MHz GPU Boost. Both cards feature 4 GB of GDDR5 memory, across a 128-bit wide memory bus, clocked at 7.00 GHz (GDDR5-effective).

http://www.techpowerup.com/210450/gigabyte-announces-a-pair-of-geforce-gtx-960-4gb-graphics-cards.html

Back
Top Bottom