• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
So hyped waiting for delivery of mine, bought the EVGA ETA of 3rd June, haven't got a GPU in my rig atm as my GTX780 broke last week - think that spurred me on to buy one of these as I'll be selling my returned 780 to a friend who wants to put a budget rig together

Looking forward to sticking it in a custom loop next month when I can finally afford things again! :p

Associate
EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0 ordered.

Should be here Thursday.

Hoping I chose a good model, what you guys think of this one?

Very exciting, last GPU I bought was a GTX 460 for £120 lol

Soldato
I ordered two EVGA Superclocked ones. I hope they arrive in a reasonable time after paying for express shipping.

Although shipping is always express until it arrives in Ireland :/

Soldato
EVGA GeForce GTX 980Ti Superclocked ACX 2.0 ordered.

Should be here Thursday.

Hoping I chose a good model, what you guys think of this one?

Very exciting, last GPU I bought was a GTX 460 for £120 lol

EVGA's warranty support and flexibility is big plus in itself.

Well chosen.

GiB

GiB

Associate
Well I love how I was so close to picking one up in store paid for it online and needed to change my card details instore and someone then nipped in and got my order...in that time period:eek:

Hope someone is happy very soon :D

Associate
EVGA's warranty support and flexibility is big plus in itself.

Well chosen.

Yeah that's what a lot of people have been saying on multiple forums and OCUK CS said the same thing so that made my decision easier.

Since this is my first high end GPU, is this card worth £50+ more than a reference one?

Since the reviews are of the reference version so I assume I'll be able to get some extra FPS out of this one with the extra cooling/fans?

Associate
I've opted for an EVGA SC Reference model to go with my RoG swift. I didn't buy from OcUK and the place I did buy from seems to suggest they will be in store on the 3rd for immediate shipping (and I assume delivery on the 4th) but we'll see.

Was debating whether to go for a non reference cooler for better temps / quieter operation, but after seeing how hot the card runs (think the OC3D review had it pegged at ~84 degrees) I wasn't sure whether I wanted that kind of heat being expelled into my case.

Plus, if I decide to sli it down the line, the reference models will better deal with the heat anyways. Here's to hoping that the reference cooler isn't audible over my case fans! My 770 (with a non reference cooler) is barely audible at all even if I stick my ear right next to it.

Soldato
What is the ones everyones going for?

I went for the Superclocked EVGA Reference ones. The little Extra OC means it's on par with the Titan X while still cheaper, and the reference design helps with my NZXt H440 chassis to expel hot air. While the other designs push the hot air into the chassis.

Back
Top Bottom