• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

So I'm praying for Samsung memory and high asic. What program do you use to test it?

I woudn't worry too much about what memory & ASCI you get.
I have Hynix memory & an ASIC of 74.2 & the card does well enough IMO

Memory does 8000mhz & GPU 1530mhz with no additional voltages for my 24/7 settings.

I've seen 1600mhz core & 8200mhz memory for a quick benchmark run with +70mv, although not 100% game stable it will run GPU-Z render test & Firestrike ok.

My Gainward 980ti shows an ASIC quality of 74.8 is that ok? not tried overclocking it yet but i will at some point :)

Memory is Hynix on mine btw.

Seems about average but honestly most of the time ASIC doesn't mean anything to people like us who are on air or even water.

An example is my current 980 Ti I got a few days ago has an ASIC of 73% yet overclocks to 1520 on the core, The 980 Ti I had before that had an ASIC of 78% yet fell over itself at 1420.

Seems about average but honestly most of the time ASIC doesn't mean anything to people like us who are on air or even water.

An example is my current 980 Ti I got a few days ago has an ASIC of 73% yet overclocks to 1520 on the core, The 980 Ti I had before that had an ASIC of 78% yet fell over itself at 1420.

ah ok thanks for that info:)

I really really hope this 980ti demolishes my 2GB 670 lol.

Sli is not worth the aggro. I don't think it has ever worked for me. My second card in Afterburner always showed 0% util. lol

I really really hope this 980ti demolishes my 2GB 670 lol.

Sli is not worth the aggro. I don't think it has ever worked for me. My second card in Afterburner always showed 0% util. lol

Well i have seem a big difference coming from a 780 @1440p this thing just flies along :D you will be impressed dont worry lol

Ordering my 980 Ti in just over a weeks time. So excited!

I just wish I had done so sooner because I would have preferred a free Tomb Raider instead of The Division. Hopefully I can find someone to do swaps with!

It arrived :) Installed and benched and all is well, temps aren't that bad either but I will definitely need to install an additional fan.

Also going to buy a new SLI bridge so its not an orange mess lol

QeJphF8h.jpg
ofLgnmoh.jpg

As far as im aware when it comes to GPU ASIC Quality, the higher the % the less voltage is used/needed to run at set clockspeeds which in turn means less heat. Now i don't think there is a massive difference in this unless we are talking 15 - 20%+ asic difference.

Also ive yet to find any correlation between ASIC quality and over clocking capability. EVGA would have you to believe there is and higher is better.

I want to say higher is slightly better from experience but ive not exactly looked into it i just know higher ASIC less voltage is likely to be used or required to run at set clock speeds.

As far as im aware when it comes to GPU ASIC Quality, the higher the % the less voltage is used/needed to run at set clockspeeds which in turn means less heat. Now i don't think there is a massive difference in this unless we are talking 15 - 20%+ asic difference.

Also ive yet to find any correlation between ASIC quality and over clocking capability. EVGA would have you to believe there is and higher is better.

I want to say higher is slightly better from experience but ive not exactly looked into it i just know higher ASIC less voltage is likely to be used or required to run at set clock speeds.

That's pretty much it. Same overclocking capabilities but lower ASIC cards might need a bit more voltage to get there. With a bit of silicon lottery thrown into the mix.

You can push 1.29 volts plus (on water) with these cards anyway using a custom Bios, and still be within comfortably safe operating parameters. They are great overclockers and can take some serious welly!

Back
Top Bottom