• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Man I quite like you, you're not offensive (not that I've seen anyway), you don't seem to be much of a fan boy and normally you come across as a nice guy.

Saying all that I still hope your card doesn't come today just so I can see you explode :D

Also if it makes you feel any better I've had my card for a week but because of travel and stuff I haven't been able to install it yet :(

Hahahaha, thanks buddy! But truth be told, I'm a little complainer. When I don't get stuff my way I kick and scream, specially when it's my money! :P

If it's not dispatched today, I'm just going to put underwear on my head, walk into a post office and camp it out. :p

Nah. If that was the case you would be able to place a pre-order to reserve a new AMD card without knowing what the spec or price was. ;)

That would give it away too easily! They're not that silly!

It comes with a factory fitted backplate. Not bad for an extra €10. Costs quite a bit more to buy as a separate accessory.

Ah, that's not bad at all.

EVGA EU have just had stock this morning for the 908ti SC reference and managed to bag one, sold out now, looks like there a re few more coming in as they had stock briefly yesterday also.

Last week I complained about retailers misleading customers through dodgy ETAs. Some would update their ETAs with no regard for how many cards they would receive on that date, and no regard for the size of back orders. New customers who don't call to check would therefore be misled into thinking they could get their card on the given ETA.

OCUK instead have had their ETA as 'overdue' and have since changed the ACXs to the 26th for NEW orders. Props to them for being much more honourable than others.

Last week I complained about retailers misleading customers through dodgy ETAs. Some would update their ETAs with no regard for how many cards they would receive on that date, and no regard for the size of back orders. New customers who don't call to check would therefore be misled into thinking they could get their card on the given ETA.

OCUK instead have had their ETA as 'overdue' and have since changed the ACXs to the 26th for NEW orders. Props to them for being much more honourable than others.

A certain retailer who I bought my 980Ti has done the same. Originally had a date then when I ordered I had an email instantly saying it would be on the 8th. I then waited until the 10th to politely ask when they would be getting stock or if they had a rough idea of when they would be able to dispatch and the customer service rep got a bit arsey with me telling me I must be new to PC gaming as you always have to wait and saying if I didn't want to wait I would have to get a refund.

Needless to say I wont be ordering with them again in the future.

1. 980Ti arrived - Check
  2. EK fullcover block - Arrives today
  3. Additional watercooling stuff required for rebuild - Check

Should have everything up and running tomorrow! Anyone else got their card/s under custom water?

A certain retailer who I bought my 980Ti has done the same. Originally had a date then when I ordered I had an email instantly saying it would be on the 8th. I then waited until the 10th to politely ask when they would be getting stock or if they had a rough idea of when they would be able to dispatch and the customer service rep got a bit arsey with me telling me I must be new to PC gaming as you always have to wait and saying if I didn't want to wait I would have to get a refund.

Needless to say I wont be ordering with them again in the future.

Disgraceful. Customers should not stand for this, and yet for some reason it's taken as a given that this is just the way things are. But that mentality only fuels this despicable practice.

If retailers are faffing about make sure you give them a hard time. Hopefully in turn they'll pay more attention to ETAs and perhaps even put pressure on manufacturers to actually deliver.

Back
Top Bottom