• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
...A bit off topic but I've always wondered why people would prefer Nvidia's reference cooler over an aftermarket ( I know the Titian doesn't have any;)) Are they really good or something? Why do aftermarket coolers never look like that?

I have a referance 780 and the titan style cooler is a high quality bit of kit. IMO it looks good and works really well. It is also not loud. Even on high rpm its not a harsh loud noise, more a whoosh of air (if that makes sense). IMO its very well designed. It is substantial, and seems well made. Its screams quality when you see / install it.

It also has cool features like programmable LEDs etc. Its a proper bit of kit.

Soldato
I have a referance 780 and the titan style cooler is a high quality bit of kit. IMO it looks good and works really well. It is also not loud. Even on high rpm its not a harsh loud noise, more a whoosh of air (if that makes sense). IMO its very well designed. It is substantial, and seems well made. Its screams quality when you see / install it.

I had reference 780s once. The cooler is matte plastic. It's loud if you wanted a decent overclock which hopefully everyone in this thread would.

Associate

Thanks for that explanation mate. What are the temps like compared to an aftermarket cooler?

Associate
You guys appear to suggest the original Titan cooler is different to the referance 780 cooler. How so?:confused:

I thought they were identical excepting the lettering. They certainly look identical.

I've not owned both but reviews stated the two were identical, and they tested the performance (temps and noise) to be almost identical.

Soldato
You guys appear to suggest the original Titan cooler is different to the referance 780 cooler. How so?:confused:

I thought they were identical excepting the lettering. They certainly look identical.

I've not owned both but reviews stated the two were identical, and they tested the performance (temps and noise) to be almost identical.

They are, but everyone calls it the titan cooler :p
They did sell the cheap nasty plastic coolers as well, so saying titan cooler just clears up the confusion.

Associate

Afaik the Titan cooler was a vapour chamber type cooler whereas the other wasn't? Titan owners will confirm.

Soldato
Price will be the decider for me. I know it will be high it is just whether I can stomach it.

Been holding off upgrading for a while and have caught the itch.

Soldato
Price will be the decider for me. I know it will be high it is just whether I can stomach it.

Been holding off upgrading for a while and have caught the itch.

Titan price dude. I'll wild guess it being the same price. It did set a new record after all :D

But yeah, even Nvidia have to be careful.

Man of Honour
While quite tempted I'd have a lot easier time parting with my money if it was 16nm FF or below :S (Plus I like my GB WF cooling though the Titan cooler is a work of art).

Soldato
I'm hoping for less than the original Titan price (given it doesn't appear to have the compute ability) although it won't surprise me if it is the same.

Too much for me if that is the case.

Soldato
I'm hoping for less than the original Titan price (given it doesn't appear to have the compute ability) although it won't surprise me if it is the same.

Too much for me if that is the case.

I'd say the second incarnation would be cheaper (IE Titan X black). They'll milk the first one just because it's a new core tech (sorta).

Back
Top Bottom