• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

As a quick first impression, these things are hot and noisy. It is a little different for some reason to the old Titan and these don't seem to make the same whoosh sound but maybe that is just me. I have set a fan profile of 1:1 and this keeps temps down to under 70c (for the runs I have done in FS).

Watercool is a must for noise haters.

Useful info - thanks

Nooooooooooooooo !!

fIfNiqG.gif

You know what, I'll just have to learn to with it. Because it's a Titan X I'll associate the noise with power :cool:

As a quick first impression, these things are hot and noisy. It is a little different for some reason to the old Titan and these don't seem to make the same whoosh sound but maybe that is just me. I have set a fan profile of 1:1 and this keeps temps down to under 70c (for the runs I have done in FS).

My heart just sank, are they that bad greg ?

My heart just sank, are they that bad greg ?

They are loud with a 1:1 fan profile, so yer they are but take into account I am overclocking and with my first run, there was no noise at all however, temps did hit 80c.

Just had a play with PX to move some voltages but that doesn't play nice at all. Anyways, these things really fly and 1433Mhz in a quick dirty OC with no extra voltage is impressive. Time for me to get on with my 290X Vs TX comparison and see if all the extra cash on a TX is justifiable for some :)

To those with a TX, nice one and to those still waiting, I hope it turns up quick :)

Edit:

But a nice cup of tea before any of that :D

They are loud with a 1:1 fan profile, so yer they are but take into account I am overclocking and with my first run, there was no noise at all however, temps did hit 80c.

Just had a play with PX to move some voltages but that doesn't play nice at all. Anyways, these things really fly and 1433Mhz in a quick dirty OC with no extra voltage is impressive. Time for me to get on with my 290X Vs TX comparison and see if all the extra cash on a TX is justifiable for some :)

To those with a TX, nice one and to those still waiting, I hope it turns up quick :)

Edit:

But a nice cup of tea before any of that :D

An chance you can run the rig on it's side or upside down (would be better for temps) LOL

Back
Top Bottom