• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*The GTX590 Club*

Associate
Last I heard it was the software power limiter failing to protect the card. If thats true the rest of your hardware will be in danger with this card in the system?

Soldato
^^^
Yes, and not just your PC.
If you see the Sweclockers video you see what looks to be a drop of RED hot molten metal or solder flying off the card, and when it landed it stayed red so it didn't cool down quickly. If it lands on the wrong place on the Mobo it could kill that, but worse would be if it landed somewhere combustible like some sound insulation or something.

GiT

GiT

Associate
Most people who post on this forum aren't going to have bought one are they? As if they did read around here they'd have been put off (rightly so). So it's probably people who just want the best and have read these cards are the top but not really researched or care. Which I think is fair enough on them.

Associate
Apprantly that was with extreme overvolting..... in all hoensty looking at quite a few reviews the 590 beats ati in a lot of testing and only loses in some because of the extra ram the 6990 has but its not worth 100 ish pounds extra for that little performance gain.

Associate
^^^
Yes, and not just your PC.
If you see the Sweclockers video you see what looks to be a drop of RED hot molten metal or solder flying off the card, and when it landed it stayed red so it didn't cool down quickly. If it lands on the wrong place on the Mobo it could kill that, but worse would be if it landed somewhere combustible like some sound insulation or something.

I thought that originally, but when I watched the video again I think it might just be a motherboard light coming back on when the PC restarts - not sure though.

Associate
I bought 1! arrived this afternoon,
away from computer until Sunday.

I needed 3 monitor output, not available from one nvidia card.

have adobe cs5 premier pro need the cuda for video editing.

Soldato
Apprantly that was with extreme overvolting..... in all hoensty looking at quite a few reviews the 590 beats ati in a lot of testing and only loses in some because of the extra ram the 6990 has but its not worth 100 ish pounds extra for that little performance gain.

Mate, where do you get this stuff?

And how is 1.025 an extreme voltage?

Soldato
I bought 1! arrived this afternoon,
away from computer until Sunday.

I needed 3 monitor output, not available from one nvidia card.

have adobe cs5 premier pro need the cuda for video editing.

Nice one, let us know how it goes mate.

Dont use the drivers that come with it they cause it to explode!!!

Back
Top Bottom