• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*The GTX590 Club*

Associate
fire extinguisher on the ready then!!

quick noob question, i have three sets of power leads, comprising of an 8 and a 6 socket.
i need to use 2 8 sockets on the gtx 590 so do i have to use the adaptor supplied 6 to 8 pin or can i use another 8 socket from another pair of leads

its a alienware area 51 alx

please dont laugh at me

Associate
fire extinguisher on the ready then!!

quick noob question, i have three sets of power leads, comprising of an 8 and a 6 socket.
i need to use 2 8 sockets on the gtx 590 so do i have to use the adaptor supplied 6 to 8 pin or can i use another 8 socket from another pair of leads

its a alienware area 51 alx

please dont laugh at me

I believe you need to use two sets of leads to power the card. Those alienware PSUs can run 2 x 6 pin power off a single lead, but not 2 x 8 pin. Might want to wait for someone who owns one to confirm though.

EDIT PS: *points* hahahaha :p.

Associate
I believe you need to use two sets of leads to power the card. Those alienware PSUs can run 2 x 6 pin power off a single lead, but not 2 x 8 pin. Might want to wait for someone who owns one to confirm though.

EDIT PS: *points* hahahaha :p.

Im happy to use 2 sets of leads, has a 1200 wat ps so plenty of room, was running 2 5970 which i have sold to pay fro this

Soldato
Anyone notice this in the techpowerup review? :p

btajsjbc874d.jpg

Associate
Mate, where do you get this stuff?

And how is 1.025 an extreme voltage?

In the review on techpowerup he states he used 1.2v (then bang) and thats what i would call extreme voltage and so did nivida when they made the annoucment about the overvolting problem, which has now been fixed.

Also thats a great spot!!

Back
Top Bottom