The gypsy problem

Associate
I saw a documentary about the problems people face with the traveling community in the UK.

First of all let me preface this by saying not ALL gypsies, just the bad ones and apparently that's about 10-15% that cause all the problems for everyone.

Now it seems this has been going on for ages and the police are ill equipped and understaffed to deal with the situation, often scared to even enter sites.

The trouble makers are harassing, extorting, stealing, violent and armed.

So there's me, sat there in the old ivory tower, trying to think of a solution.

I'd send in armed military to the site in question, 300 men deep as a show of force and say:

"This is gonna stop, it can't continue like this and we won't allow it. You are going to have to find a different way of life because your behaviour is not acceptable in our community. We're not going to violate your rights as travelers however if offences don't stop you'll be moved out of this county.
You'll then be given two weeks probation at your new site, if it carries on there you'll be moved on again.
You get 5 strikes then you're deported."

Why should we put up with the disgusting behaviour of a few?

Ok, you can tear this apart now...

;)

Associate
OP
Where would you deport them to?
Siberia? The Russians wouldn't put up with their sh**

Pay Russia £10k a head and it's probably still cheaper that what it would cost to have them here.

Hopefully it would never get to that stage.

Put yourself in the headspace of a traveling community. You've been moved on 3 times in 6 weeks, it's a massive upheaval every time and still there's few bad eggs who screw it up every time. They're capable of policing themselves but they choose not to because there are no real repercussions. In their minds they're untouchable.

I would look to change that equation.

Caporegime
Siberia? The Russians wouldn't put up with their sh**

Pay Russia £10k a head and it's probably still cheaper that what it would cost to have them here.

Hopefully it would never get to that stage.

Put yourself in the headspace of a traveling community. You've been moved on 3 times in 6 weeks, it's a massive upheaval every time and still there's few bad eggs who screw it up every time. They're capable of policing themselves but they choose not to because there are no real repercussions. In their minds they're untouchable.

You credit the average gypo with too much intelligence.

Soldato

Ah yes, empowerment through armed intervention and mass deportation. A time honoured approach.

Associate
OP
Actually start convicting and locking them up would be a start

It's a lot of time and legwork to prosecute, police are underfunded and understaffed, CPS is crap and they'd probably get community service anyway. Just get a load of guys with guns to go lay down the law and explain the consequences of non-compliance.

Back
Top Bottom