The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Soldato
Ended up watching 9 of these yesterday due to being a lazy **** :p

Pretty much tells each persons stories per each episode plus a few side ones, but if you don't enjoy it after 2 eps, you won't enjoy it any further as it's pretty much the same all the way through. Even EP 9 was pretty much like the others, but I'm hoping that it's all been built up for the final episode or I am going to be rather ****** off!

Soldato
Upto eps 6 here and I am barely holding on thanks to this episode. It is somewhat interesting finding out about the characters and their past but ffs I wish we could learn more about the damn house for once. This has to be the slowest show I've ever seen. This hasn't a chance of a season 2, if that is the ultimate goal that is.

Permabanned
Watched all 10 episodes of this over the Weekend. Absolutely incredible and a perfect ending, sad for it to stop.

Watching it in the dark is a must. No daylight watching!!!!

Associate
On episode 6 now. Loving the long uncut scenes.
Anyone else notice the statue in the hall when they where looking for young Nell? When the mum exited the bedroom with the broken window, it was looking the opposite way than when she went in.... 41 minutes in if you want to look.

Associate
Excellent, very unnerving generally with some effective jump scares. One moment in Ep9 made me scream out loud.
The bit in the car with Shirley and Theo

Wasn't impressed by the last episode / ending but overall great TV.

Soldato
Watched episode 6 last night and even with it being a slow episode those 15 minute long takes were impressive to say the least, last show I remember doing that was BTS but there's only lasted 5 minutes.

Associate
It's between this and Sharp Objects for my show of the year so far. I'd heard people saying they were disappointed at the ending, but i certainly wasn't. It was perfect. I hope we see more from this creative team.

Season 2 of Patriot will be coming in November so it's going to be a three way race to see which is best by years end.

Soldato
Aaaaaaaaaand finished.. I can't quite wrap my head around the last episode and come to a conclusion or theory as to what was going on and why.

Definitely not what I was expected so while it was meticulously crafted and well written and acted AND I was gripped to keep watching, I'm still underwhelmed.

Soldato
Has anyone noticed quite a few subtle Easter egg scares, such as statues whose heads are facing a different direction from one scene to the next and out of focus faces in the background?

There are hidden figures in every episode, 4 in the first one, It's quite fun trying to find them, and creepy when you do.

Really enjoying this series so far, only watched the first 3 so far, Mrs Insane wont watch it at all as she hates ghost stuff.

Back
Top Bottom