The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

And then Jordan began to fall too! :eek:

2yvwdy1.jpg

I don't know what's up with people on these forums. Are you honestly saying that from the screenshots posted a couple of pages back it actually looks good? It looks like the characters were cut out and pasted on some weird landscape. The characters look like they were designed by someone who has been watching manga for far to long and thinks it would 'be a laugh' to incorporate it into a game.

I really can't see the attraction. Judging by the other reviews of the game the 49% average (and I've seen a lot lower) is highly justified - it just doesn't look like PoP at all.

M.

Firstly I've never watched manga and don't see the point of it at all, but yes, the screenshots look stunning. I play games as a means of escapism, to have fun and get "out" of reality for a while. Games like COD really don't appeal to me-I can appreciate the technical intricacy of what has been done with it, but in the end if that's what I want I'll go watch a war movie.

Games should be fun; nothing more, nothing less. PoP is, from what I've seen, a fun game-it's that simple. The graphics are stunningly artistic in my opinion and, for me, games should be closer to art than realism. Where is the fun in running around a world that is the same as the one that I'm sitting in now? I want something that grabs me, that's immersive, whether that is due to the artistic direction (PoP) or storyline (Bioshock). Something like COD or Crysis, no matter how pretty in comparison, is just sterile. This is my opinion, and you are obviously welcome to have your own, but hopefully I've shown a little bit about what I believe a good game is.

With respect to the reviews, many criticise the game for it's ease; this isn't a problem for me, a game can be as easy as it wants as long as it's fun and worth playing. Control flaws on the PC aren't an issue for me, I'm buying it for the PS3 (whose version of PoP has a far higher average score). Anyway, that's what I think, in the end if you don't like the look of it don't buy it-to me realism in a game is far from the be all and end all :)

Back
Top Bottom