The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

What is this game? Not see it before. Is it just a flight SIM or is it actual dog fightiing?

It's just FSX with the Real Environment Xtreme add on. Unfortunately no dog fighting....a huge oversight in my opinion. :( It surely wouldn't have been too much effort to code in some guns here and there. If we had a combat sim with graphics of the same quality then I'd be a happy man.

l4d-20090215-172139.jpg

thats when i said who gunna turn them selves in if they was infected lol

if our cities did go all nice and while and simple colours like that.... it would have to be wash everyday from all the smog stains and filth :p those white buildings would soon become black/brownish

na come on seriously! how can you say mirrors edge looks better then crysis!
1920x1080 4xAA Very high custom graphics mod
and thats still aint highest the game can go!

:confused:

What's it got to do with this argument if you're using a custom graphics mod?

"Yeah man, the Fiesta ST is much faster than the Subaru Impreza when you put 2 turbos on it and remap the engine to add 150bhp"

:confused:

What's it got to do with this argument if you're using a custom graphics mod?

"Yeah man, the Fiesta ST is much faster than the Subaru Impreza when you put 2 turbos on it and remap the engine to add 150bhp"

because its still what the game can achieve, and what the game engine was built for, its only a change to a few numbers in the config files....... :rolleyes:

But how can you compare something that's been improved with something that's vanilla? You should at least wait for ME texture packs and graphics mods to come along before you start comparing those.

You're not even providing a balanced argument. I've still yet to see a screenshot in this thread of Crysis looking better than ME. Or you know, any of the other recent FPS games. All i've heard so far is "the technology" is better... that's awesome, but who cares if you cant see it? "theoretically it's better on paper" just isnt going to wash.

But how can you compare something that's been improved with something that's vanilla? You should at least wait for ME texture packs and graphics mods to come along before you start comparing those.

You're not even providing a balanced argument. I've still yet to see a screenshot in this thread of Crysis looking better than ME. Or you know, any of the other recent FPS games. All i've heard so far is "the technology" is better... that's awesome, but who cares if you cant see it? "theoretically it's better on paper" just isnt going to wash.

Problem is...if ME had half as many colours as Crysis for isntance, it wouldn't look half as nice as it does :p

Its the flat colours that make the game.

Oh, you're probably right. ME isn't that amazing to be honest... even the first STALKER had nice textures, i'm just having a hard time jumping on the Crysis bandwagon.

I guess it's an opinion, and i'm probably in the minority ;)

Oh, you're probably right. ME isn't that amazing to be honest... even the first STALKER had nice textures, i'm just having a hard time jumping on the Crysis bandwagon.

I guess it's an opinion, and i'm probably in the minority ;)

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the game :p It has it's own style, and it looks nice.

I've got Crysis, and it does looks nice, but hey.

I only wish they would release a damn demo of ME...but noooooo

Oh and for the record, I loved stalker, although they could have made it better.

zINC does it. Very well too except for the fact it struggles quite badly with multi core cpu's. The project has been shelved for quite a while, I did read there was a multicore version being made but i havent checked back. It does Tekken, Streetfighter EX series (EX Alpha + being my favourite SF game since last week) and several other CPSN1 and 2 arcade board games, basically all the ones that got put on playstation because it was very similar architecture.

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the game :p It has it's own style, and it looks nice.

I've got Crysis, and it does looks nice, but hey.

I only wish they would release a damn demo of ME...but noooooo

Oh and for the record, I loved stalker, although they could have made it better.

It was well worth the £26.99 that i paid for it...its like, the first level or two introduces you to being a "runner" and then puzzles start to crop up. It is a good game :)

Back
Top Bottom