The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

but why would valve do this? :) css has the max settings and textures look much better even the simple ones like this screen.... my settings are maxed out on l4d but it doesn't look nowhere near as good as css :o

Previously CS was optimised through the roof by the modding community, meaning they could run the textures without loss of performance... probably by cutting away the crap you cant see, but i have nfi.

No idea if valve have continued his trend though. As much as i enjoy L4D, it does seem kinda rushed.

Previously CS was optimised through the roof by the modding community, meaning they could run the textures without loss of performance... probably by cutting away the crap you cant see, but i have nfi.

No idea if valve have continued his trend though. As much as i enjoy L4D, it does seem kinda rushed.

im sure it's rushed... :)

BOOMER! :D

59420331.jpg

I had issues tempting people to live in an area. I think the problem was i'd do everything in grids and squares. All the roads would be in blocks just to make things more efficient and easier for me to do in the first place. Maybe my laziness was the problem.

Wow lots of comments about sc4, thanks !

@Damien.
Not too much tbh, you get used to building things quick and it's a flat map, I'd guess around 20 hours for that region (only 3 unfinished cities so far, 1 residential only/snowdogcity edge from pics, one industry not pictured and one mix city with everything/snowdogcity) ? That's not my best region though at all, my best ones are still somewhere but I have to transfer my windows xp saves to windows vista still and I never bothered to do it so just started a new region :p.

Main problem with sc4 is the performance, it runs no better on an 8800 than a ti4200 :(. Means that because of my like 2gb of plugins, it crawls like a dog :(. Also only uses 1 core :(. I'd love a remake of sc4 but then so it uses 4 or more cored and actually uses the gpu properly.

Back
Top Bottom