***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
More Doom 3, this time with the Absolute HD mod arc@css recommended. Not too shabby for an 11 year old game. Puts this generations consoles to shame really.
It really needs to be played because screenshots do not show the animation and general atmosphere. Things like lighting from spinning fans

HkOVPP0.png

RnObwqt.png

vYpli0O.png

SDNWRGN.png

9LALteR.png

sLqbrMw.png

Soldato
for me it has to be Dying Light. that whole engine it uses is incredible. the lighting is the best I've seen in a computer game, and the rain effect is the most realistic.

Yeah dying light does look good especially at 1440p ! What's it run like now though did it not release with a few problems as they all do now ? How will my 290x cope at 1080p ?

Caporegime
ta. Do you find applying soft shadows in the sikkmod menu make it go a bit mental with flying shapes everywhere?!

I can't say I saw anything like that. I had to turn soft shadows off as my 7970 couldn't maintain a good enough frame rate. Some areas were okay with it on, but usually it was a big no-no (single digit - high teen fps; 8 - 19). :D

Actually, come to think of it, I do recall seeing that kind of graphical corruption, but that was when I tried to run the mod (any Doom 3 mod) without turning off catalyst a.i.

Doom 3 mods don't play well with red team cards without some tweaking, though iirc, you're using a 780ti?

Last edited:
Soldato
I still remember playing Crysis on my old Radeon x550 256MB , the graphic was so epic even with my crap graphic card.

I could be wrong but I think at first I had a geforce3 ti 200 when Crysis came out, it played at about 5fps

Actually that may have been Farcry 1. At some point I remember having an ATI 5770 then getting a 8800GT for Crysis

Soldato
Yeah dying light does look good especially at 1440p ! What's it run like now though did it not release with a few problems as they all do now ? How will my 290x cope at 1080p ?

I'm running at at 1080p with max settings on a 7970/i5 4690k , getting between 45-55FPS.

Soldato
I've always said it and will repeat -

Crysis 1 is still the best looking and open game on PC despite it being 8 years old. Crysis 3 looks good but is far too linear - 1 you could play how you wanted really in parts

edit. Some vanilla Crysis :)

wd7wrwa.png

3uWSafn.png

P9m4V1X.png

sKuMSp4.jpg

HSlKFxz.png

FlGMTxf.png

bHZ3dPU.jpg.png

EpiUa63.jpg

vCegeJB.png

UlYncGG.jpg.png

6bcrdCt.jpg.png

KThsWko.jpg.png

g9UzvRN.jpg.png

wcwxMcg.jpg.png

Mods can make this game look incredible but i've actually forgot the ones I tried in the past. I think the amazonian river level mod looked lifelike if I remember. I showed a friend a picture and they thought it was a real photo! - Yep, here's one of mine I found

xKVuz.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yup crysis is still one of the best looking games out there, tbh, we need another "crysis" type of game even if it means only getting 10 fps :p TBH, if crysis looked that good 8 years ago, reckon we could get a photo realistic version now?! :eek:

Some more batman, screenshots really don't do this game justice, looks a lot nicer in motion although it badly needs HD textures!!!!

TaJcdkFh.png.jpg

TXT2xrbh.png.jpg

gex9KZqh.png.jpg

c3uuDUih.png.jpg

hOgrKIdh.png.jpg

cLj7tqYh.png.jpg

A1wVIdZh.png.jpg

QK39x9Uh.png.jpg

pNyT6xNh.png.jpg

That screenshot tho ... :D

:cool:

Back