***The High-Res Screenshot Thread!***

Soldato
Totally agree, I tweak pretty much every game with NvInsp and Neg LOD is always changed to improve game visuals.

Its a shame these settings are almost 'hidden' from people that are not so savvy with applications like NvInsp as it proves game visuals are capable of so much more but due to the devs/nvidia they are 'disabled'.

Exactly, As an example in the online game Star Wars The Old Republic, Many of the surfaces and floor textures are dull metal textures in the main space station for the Sith and Republic and even the ice on Hoth is dull but if you go into N.I you can bring some gorgeous detail out.

Example -

oW7xWBq.jpg.png

ifSH4Xn.jpg.png

Soldato
I've been playing Halo.

20160817202116_1.jpg

20160819231232_1.jpg

20160819232212_1.jpg

20160819232225_1.jpg

20160819233727_1.jpg
[/
QUOTE] I remember buying that in 2003 impressive disk compression 750Gb CD producing a 1.5GB install only 3 years after MS bought Bungie & the 3DFX boxes with Halo on as coming soon were a distant memory ;)

Associate
Totally agree, I tweak pretty much every game with NvInsp and Neg LOD is always changed to improve game visuals.

Its a shame these settings are almost 'hidden' from people that are not so savvy with applications like NvInsp as it proves game visuals are capable of so much more but due to the devs/nvidia they are 'disabled'.

Have to admit I'm not familiar with the negative LOD bias setting but I see the huge improvement on reflections on that example there. Is there much performance impact?

Soldato
This is why more games need to come with a negative LOD bias as default for things like metal and glass, Makes quite a difference to visual quality -

96rWdYR.png

Any Tips/settings to get it working in F.E.A.R?

Never used it before and had a fiddle in Inspector and it looks the same. I assume some games don't support it.

Soldato
Nice one, thanks, I'll try that. Not sure about the FPS issue though, I seem to recall reading the MP side is 30fps capped but I can't see why you'd be getting that in SP too. I'm not using any other modifying apps or anything with it. Driver issue maybe?

Back
Top Bottom