The joy of being a landlord

Again, more lies. Firstly you lie about me whinging, then about me not mentioning the investment aspect, then about me implying I'm an altruist, and now about charging below market rate?

What is the point of your posts if they're full of nonsense? You're a bad troll, you need more practice.
I can see the vein bulging out of your head from where I am sitting lol!

Last edited:
Well I'm not gonna live yours, am I? :cry:

Done trolling? I can go all day, literally have nothing else to do...

Profit squeezing? People seem to think landlords just bank the entire rent. The tax changes really impacted landlords, not much profit in this game when 40% goes straight to the taxman. Just spent 6 bills on some central heating issue this past week, the previous month it was over a grand repairing a leaky terrace. At the end of the year there really isn't much in comparison.

Yea but as house prices continue to rise. Even if you haven't made a huge profit off the rent. The rent has at a minimum paid for the mortgage and if you decide to sell, the house/flat should be worth more than what you originally purchased for. So you are still quids in!

I do love a good woe is me landlord story. My house hasn't gone up in value very much. Oh no. So a house that you put a small % into when you bought it and had someone else pay off for you hasn't sky rocketed in value. My heard bleeds. If you are using it purely based on the market appreciating or have an interest only mortgage then more fool you.

I say this as a landlord as well. I fully admit that being a landlord is generally a great ruse. We make very little every year from the property and most of the money goes back into maintaining it. What we will have in about 10 years is a house worth probably £600k that we pay no mortgage on, take in good rent and could sell for a large amount of money if we needed/wanted to. And we will have done very little in the grand scheme of things to earn that. Put in a deposit 15 years ago, pay a management company to handle it for us and then spend a few days a year on admin and maintenance and upkeep.

The whole system is a mess when it comes to housing. The house we bought shouldn't have gone up as much as it has in the time we have owned it.

When we owned three houses we rented them all out without a rent increase for over 8 years, reason being is the people who lived in them paid on time and took care of the houses.

But all landlords are bad, etc etc.

That's a risk assessment you made. Is it the worth the greed kicking out a good tenant for the current market rate but end up with a nightmare tenant? Or even worse a tenant that stops paying and trashes the place. Lets not pretend you did it out of the goodness of your heart.

Yea but as house prices continue to rise. Even if you haven't made a huge profit off the rent. The rent has at a minimum paid for the mortgage and if you decide to sell, the house/flat should be worth more than what you originally purchased for. So you are still quids in!

Exactly. I think nvp is just playing dumb tbh for the game here.

I do imagine running multiple rents alone would be hard work, full time job keeping up with repairs etc. Cash flow might not always be great but after 30 years your looking at 10x, at least, other peoples financial investment... Lol :p

Renting is a mugs game. Every landlord knows it.

I've literally stated I purchased the properties as an investments, as my pension.

:rolleyes:
I know sorry.
You're right. I take that back. i wish you didn't come across as a nice bloke i almost want you to just say **** off losers. I'm all right jack. Don't entertain us fools. :P

Reactions: NVP
Back
Top Bottom