The joy of being a landlord

NVP

NVP

Soldato
No. If someone goes to an office every day and pays 40% tax, why shouldn't you on your income too? Following on from my point above about landlords expectations.. Why shouldn't you be taxed? :confused:
Oh sorry, I misunderstood the point you were originally making. Yes, not saying there is a problem with being taxed.

Given a safe/secure place to live is classed as a human right (and many landlords do their best to ignore that), yes of course people shouldn't be monetising that. Before you say it, I have exactly the same argument with Thames Water, British Gas etc. The profits they make whilst providing a basically terrible service, is obscene.
So me providing a great service to my tenants it shouldn't be any problem then :confused:

And the boomer landlord generation has had a massive negative effect on property prices in this country. That's patently obvious.
Is it though? Or is it not the population increase? Or the fact kids move out at an earlier age? Or the investment companies buying in bulk? No, it's the boomers, let's blame the boomers. Either way, I think I'm a millennial? I don't know these things.

When you BTL a house, you take a house from the pool, and no replacement is created. You are not producing anything, you are holding a necessity hostage and charging it back at a premium.
No, I'm providing a property to people who wish to rent.

It is simply not at all the same, and is a terrible analogy.
Yeh, it was a bad analogy I give you guys that, but the principle is the same.

Soldato
I don't mind working my ass off while people sit and bitch and moan about the prices, landlords and profits. Instead of moaning, I'll use the money I made working hard to provide a better life for myself.

Anyone else sitting moaning about it can continue to do so and I'll give you a thumbs up from my early retirement or second home that I earned by spending my time working for it

Soldato
Hahaha mate, don't even bother. I was highlighting the margins to those in this thread who were oblivious, no whinging at all in any of my posts :rolleyes:
You can't highlight margins and totally ignore capital growth lol. Hobbyist landlords are the worst. You really think you are an altruist lol.

Soldato
A farmer buying a cow doesn't limit the market for cows: higher demand for cows will result in the supply of cows increasing.

When you BTL a house, you take a house from the pool, and no replacement is created. You are not producing anything, you are holding a necessity hostage and charging it back at a premium.

It is simply not at all the same, and is a terrible analogy.
I'm sure they are still building houses...

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You can't highlight margins and totally ignore capital growth lol. Hobbyist landlords are the worst.
Just making more stuff up? I've already replied to you stating it was never ignored, it was in my first post. It is also quite obvious and unnecessary to mention re: the context of that discussion. I told you you're bad at this.

You really think you are an altruist lol.
More nonsense
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Come on then landlords. Give us all a breakdown.

Tell us how many properties you have?

One, since it was my home for the last 20 yrs but I've now recently moved in with my partner.

How much did you mortgage them for?
How much your mortgage payments are?
.. and how much the renters are paying?

Lets put some figures into the light.

Well, I can say is the rent they are paying is less than their mortgage cost would be if they bought it at the price it is now. Obviously it's more than the mortgage cost I pay, because I bought it 20 yrs ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just making more stuff up? I've already replied to you stating it was never ignored, it was in my first post. It is also quite obvious and unnecessary to mention re: the context of that discussion. I told you you're bad at this.

More nonsense
:rolleyes:
Lol keep charging out your house below market rate like a numpty. You a registered charity as well?

Soldato
Come on then landlords. Give us all a breakdown.

Tell us how many properties you have?
How much did you mortgage them for?
How much your mortgage payments are?
.. and how much the renters are paying?

Lets put some figures into the light.
What do you do for a living? How much do you earn?

Genuinely curious where you're sitting when it comes to spouting all this

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Lol keep charging out your house below market rate like a numpty. You a registered charity as well?
Again, more lies. Firstly you lie about me whinging, then about me not mentioning the investment aspect, then about me implying I'm an altruist, and now about charging below market rate?

What is the point of your posts if they're full of nonsense? You're a bad troll, you need more practice.

Back
Top Bottom