The junk food thread, what's your guilty pleasure?

Soldato
Mine would have to be a greasy donner kebab, although it really does play up on me after with the burps and leaving a very dry mouth the next morning like it's sucked the moisture out of my soul during the night :cry:
Greggs Bean and Sauage Slice
Was very close to having one of these the other day then chicken bake tempted me more.
What's the sausage like in them?, are they like the mushy ones you get in the tins of beans?

Soldato
Was born and bred in the NE - left home at 17 and i had never heard of Parmo until today!!!

It's a Teesside delicacy that has slowly spread up to Northumberland and Yorkshire.
I would say 90% of kebab/fish & chip shops/generic northern takeaways sell parmo these days!

Soldato
enlighten us!

they have been sold in Chip Shops in my area for as long as i can remember.

when i was in school in the mid 1990`s, i was at a Chip Shop with a mate and he ordered one and said about how nice they were.

I have been eating them ever since and they have not changed in taste but they are much nicer freshly made.

I am in south west wales so wikipedia they should add that to their list.

I had no idea what was in them but Wikipedia says :

King Rib is an item of food commonly served in fish and chip shops in Scotland and Northern England. Despite its name, it is actually a sweetened patty of minced pork that is fried or deep fried and often available as a "supper" combination meal, i.e. with chips. It is popular in Scotland to purchase a single king rib along with two buttered rolls, splitting the rib accordingly.

Soldato
I had a double cheese burger meal from McDonald's last week after a hard day's kayaking. It was the nearest place I could find open.

Soldato
Used to be Space Raiders (pickled onion), Monster Munch (beef) and Highland Toffee bars as a kid, now I gorge on absolutely anything Italian (pizza, pasta, desserts - all of it, NOW!!!) or UK-style Chinese (chicken fried rice with salt & chilli chicken).

Soldato
KFC Hot Wings

They were also my ex’s favourite. On going to Prague, walked past a KFC and they (at the time, unsure now) did a bucket of 50 Hot Wings. I’m normally against eating in chains which we have at home on holiday. As this was our favourite and in such large quantities, we bought a bucket.

Soldato
King Rib from the Chip shop, i could eat 2 or 3 a day easy
Used to love going to Germany to visit my dad as they did them in McDonalds over there (called the McRib sandwich), they brought them out over here for a bit but only as temporary items

A chippy near to me used to do them battered and they were terrible as if they'd been sat there keeping warm for 2 weeks, funnily enough they don't do them anymore

Back
Top Bottom