The junk food thread, what's your guilty pleasure?

Capodecina
Soldato
Anything is better than Domino’s, that place is the pits. Papa Johns smashes it silly.

All chain delivery pizza is just horrible. Tastes like crap and is full of salt. Hugely calorific and unhealthy.

The only guilty pleasure I eat regularly is Mini Cheddars, primarily the Red Leicester version. We always have some in the flat.

Caporegime
All chain delivery pizza is just horrible. Tastes like crap and is full of salt. Hugely calorific and unhealthy.

The only guilty pleasure I eat regularly is Mini Cheddars, primarily the Red Leicester version. We always have some in the flat.
You have a very wide definition of junk food. Wouldn’t put a pack of mini cheddars in that category myself.

Soldato
Franco Manca much nicer for pizza if you prefer Italian pizza opposed to American style. Simpler toppings on sour dough, highly recommend the capers, olives & anchovies one. Reasonably priced too, am glad I don't have one too close so it remains a special treat.

Capodecina
Soldato
Franco Manca much nicer for pizza if you prefer Italian pizza opposed to American style. Simpler toppings on sour dough, highly recommend the capers, olives & anchovies one. Reasonably priced too, am glad I don't have one too close so it remains a special treat.

This is interesting, there's one down the road from me in Bermondsey. I'll check it out, thanks for that.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Love me some KFC but since deliveroo its turned to utter ****. I'm not paying ~double for someone to deliver me sad KFC via deliveroo and I'm not waiting for 30 minutes to get 2 hotwings and a wrap again in person. Since deliveroo their in store service has been appalling.

Caporegime
Love me some KFC but since deliveroo its turned to utter ****. I'm not paying ~double for someone to deliver me sad KFC via deliveroo and I'm not waiting for 30 minutes to get 2 hotwings and a wrap again in person. Since deliveroo their in store service has been appalling.

I've had this cross my mind a few times i.e. what kind of effect these delivery services are having on the restaurants. You go to a McDonalds or something in a busy area and it's full of uber delivery people standing around waiting to collect orders.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I've had this cross my mind a few times i.e. what kind of effect these delivery services are having on the restaurants. You go to a McDonalds or something in a busy area and it's full of uber delivery people standing around waiting to collect orders.

I had a google after waiting for 30 minutes for my last order and I can't find many people complaining about it honestly. Maybe its just that KFC. I did find drivers complaining a few years ago about walk in customers being prioritised over deliveroo but that seems to have reversed now. I assume that whoever is more profitable is prioritised now i.e. deliveroo

Soldato
Cold hot X buns
Chocolate raisins
Peanut butter

Are my main vices. Didn't cut back on them and other snacks enough while not being able to exercise as much over the last year. Gained ~6Kg and even though I'm desperate to get under 80Kg again, my food restraint is very weak.

Whatever you do don't buy a god dam deep fryer for home.

I love this thing too much. Hash browns in there are incredible.
No more dry old oven chips.
Amazing fried chicken
Black pudding fritters
Battered pickles.
Battered sausage from my own pigs.

Really want to try deep fried ice cream next but I guess the oil will need a change!
Deep fried haggis would be lush!! But I'm Scottish so maybe I'll be alone in loving haggis and especially fried!

You are so lucky you to have your own pigs though!! The meat is even tastier when you know you have given them a lovely life.

Caporegime
I had a google after waiting for 30 minutes for my last order and I can't find many people complaining about it honestly. Maybe its just that KFC. I did find drivers complaining a few years ago about walk in customers being prioritised over deliveroo but that seems to have reversed now. I assume that whoever is more profitable is prioritised now i.e. deliveroo
I've always noticed the prices are higher than in the store, sometimes much higher. Puts me off ordering!

Soldato

Same with McDonalds. I might pop in for a haby meal and it can be a good 10 minutes before im leaving. They seem to prioritise the uber eats etc.

Soldato
Deep fried haggis would be lush!! But I'm Scottish so maybe I'll be alone in loving haggis and especially fried!

You are so lucky you to have your own pigs though!! The meat is even tastier when you know you have given them a lovely life.

Its going on the shopping list! Mate did a burns night the other year with haggis neaps and tatties. I'm a big fan but forgot all about it.

And you're right about the pigs. Didn't realise I'd get so attached to them however

Back
Top Bottom