The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Man of Honour
Yeah Iki island do it it’s amazing. Not sure what version you have?

The free digital deluxe version that came with PS premium. I think it should have it?

I think I’ve pretty much played all of the best games that I wanted to when I picked up the PS5. Will see if I can get into Returnal a bit more and may go back to Rift Apart. I have some more Lego Star Wars to play too, although it’s just a bit of a grind now.

Associate
Completed guardians of the galaxy yesterday from ps plus extra, enjoyed it a solid 8 out of 10.

I've now started Miles Morales in RT performance mode. Hopefully I can beat it before the stray ps plus extra release next week.

Soldato
I Am Dead - 5/10. I often like the stuff Annapurna publish but this one was a flop for me. The story wasn't engaging, the writing and voice acting were naff and the gameplay was largely far too simplistic. The level design was impressive but beyond some optional trophy-related things to find or ridiculously tricky riddles, there wasn't much reason to spent any more time than necessary exploring each area.

Caporegime
Platinum number 20 - Children of Morta (PS4).

One of the best rogue-whatdoyoumcalltits I've played. Score 9/10 as there was a wee bit of grinding to do at the end. I played it on PS+ for nowt so I went and bought it for £6 on Steam to play again.

Soldato
Uncharted Drake‘s Fortune from the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4.
I watched the movie last night which got me in the mood to play. I have an unexpected week off of work due to Covid precautions, so got it done in one day.

I’d previously only played the Vita entry, and I guess this was a similar experience.
Really liked the story, and the voice acting. Could really feel it was a game of that era though. I put the difficulty down to easy to try and reduce the combat times, as there was one sound effect that killed the game for me. The ear ringing sound caused by the frequent grenades/rockets… Whoever came up with that idea, and had it play so loud needs to give their head a shake. I do suffer a bit with that, so maybe just really didn’t mix well.
I‘ll not be going back to it, but it’s still important to play through I think.

7/10 for me, that ear ringing sound took away a lot of enjoyment.
Looking forward to playing through 2, as it gets glowing reviews. Concerned about sound though…

Man of Honour
Hmm think it is part of the directors cut version. And way if you fancy it it’s well worth it for the 15 quid or so.

I redownloaded the game (the joy of now having fibre) and played through the DLC. Excellent. Thanks for the heads up, would have missed it. Adds a nice bit of background.

Back to Hades and Returnal now.

Soldato
+
Ghost of Tsushima - 9.5/10

Absolutely fantastic. One of the most artistically impressive games I’ve played. Great gameplay, great story. Another excellent game ticked off the list. No wonder they say Xbox has no games, these have all been fantastic.

A bit of Returnal next while I work out what to start next.
Currently working my way though Act1 on that. Having a blast with the directors cut.

Soldato
+

Currently working my way though Act1 on that. Having a blast with the directors cut.
The dlc can be accessed at the end of act 2 but recommended to leave it until you’ve finished the main campaign as enemies are much tougher there and use different fighting styles. Iki Island once you go there you can’t come back until you’ve completed the story there.

Soldato
Stray - 9/10
Beautiful game, and very enjoyable all the way through. Really liked the story, the world and the soundtrack.
Had a few clip through walls/get stuck moments needing checkpoint reloads which was a bit annoying.

I didn't finish all the side activities, so might play again soon. I don't think I'll ever attempt the trophy for finishing under 2 hours though...

Man of Honour
Stray - 9/10

What an absolutely charming game. Enjoyable story, intriguing world, beautifully designed, just the right length. If you’re going to do a story about a cat you’ve got to get said cat right and they absolutely do - he’s a destructive and tenacious little sod, I’d expect nothing less :). Not without its bugs, a few frame rate/clipping/audio issues, but easily overlooked.

Caporegime
Another vote for Stray - 9/10

Lovely artwork and gameplay. Another one of those where you don't want to stop playing and could do it all in one sitting. Hope they do a sequel of some sorts as it was a refreshing change to play as a cat.

Soldato
Another vote for Stray - 9/10

Lovely artwork and gameplay. Another one of those where you don't want to stop playing and could do it all in one sitting. Hope they do a sequel of some sorts as it was a refreshing change to play as a cat.
It’s a fun game, only complaint really is the lack of ability to choose different breeds of cat. Would have thought that would have been pretty simple for at least a couple of colour combos and breeds.

Soldato
Stray - 9/10. Utterly wonderful, a simple but surprisingly affecting story and I really enjoyed the interactions with the various other characters throughout. The world design and detail were incredible, and the sound design and soundtrack were superb. I'd have liked a few more puzzles or physics-based things to do but that aside, it's easily one of my top games of the year and completely exceeded my expectations.

Putting this on the new PS Plus tiers was an excellent move by Sony, I would absolutely have bought it anyway but it's a strong start to their new service.

Back
Top Bottom