The last game you completed, and rating.

Permabanned
I've got the same CPU but with a 3060 Ti, but I was @ 1080p only. 60 fps was maintained, but during some of the intense fights, the frame rate would drop (sometimes crash) and then pick back up. Not sure what was the reason. Still had a great time and would love to try a new one!

On the other hand, I just finished Spiderman and the performance was solid.
I was able to play at 4K DLSS with RT off and get above 60fps throughout. I cap it 60 though as the rig in my sig is plugged into my 4K tv.

Yeah, It's a wicked game mate.

Finished both the Spiderman's on the PS4, pretty decent, not as good as the Arkham games, but still a good laugh.

Soldato
Judgement 7/10
The story is really what this games about.
I think fans of the yakuza series would probably enjoy all of the other side stuff too like the dating and minigames, but I didn't spend much time on these.

Soldato
Batman Arkham City, I never got round to playing these after doing Asylum on the Xbox. Visually it looks better than most games that have been released in the last few years. Combat gets boring pretty quick due to it being the series that inspired button bashing / counter combat.

Story was decent and it has the feel of being Batman solving the side mission stuff.

8 / 10.

Soldato
Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Some good missions in here, but overall the game's too bloated and disjointed. I'd already decided to ignore a lot of the content after about a third of the way in, and it still dragged on a bit. Not feeling motivated to try any more of the series after slogging through this even if I did enjoy some parts of it. 5.5/10

Associate
Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Some good missions in here, but overall the game's too bloated and disjointed. I'd already decided to ignore a lot of the content after about a third of the way in, and it still dragged on a bit. Not feeling motivated to try any more of the series after slogging through this even if I did enjoy some parts of it. 5.5/10
Same, location and theme were great but very repetitive, ended up just putting it on easy to get through it, unless something good comes out from ubisoft think I'm done with FarCry\Assasins creed games just too much rinse and repeat. 6/10

Associate
Ghost Recon Wildlands - 9/10

Finally finished this to 100% mission completion last night. I thought it was brilliant. Made me feel like I was in Sicario at times haha. I played for the most part as a single player. If my mates had the game, and we had done co-op, then it could very well have been the perfect game for me.

Soldato
The Walking Dead - Telltale Series - 8/10

I completed the first season years ago and didn’t go any further with it - then I came across the pack with all the seasons and made the jump. I really love these sorts of games (Tales of the Borderlands is my fave) and the story was fantastic. Played it all on the Steam Deck without a hitch. It did start falling off a cliff for me nearer the end and I felt like I had to push myself to the end as I felt like I needed to see how the story concluded - but I would highly recommend if you like these sorts of games :)

Last edited:

ne0

ne0

Associate
System Shock (Remake) - 9.5/10

Wow. What an incredible experience that was.

One of the most immersive, challenging, exciting and rewarding games I've ever played.

It's been many, many, years since I've played a game which forced me to really THINK about my next move and even write down notes on paper.

Stunning game.

Soldato
Persona 3 Reload - 9/10

Another amazing game. A 9/10, only played Persona 5 Royal before this which tbh is a near 10/10, but 3 Reload was a blast. You do need to be into the social links and watch arc's play out to fully enjoy it otherwise will lose half the game if your into combat only. It does show its age in that the main battle location is 200 levels or so of generated floors, but its good fun. Persona 5 royal is much better in that regards.

Runs smooth and the ray tracing (abit small) is a nice touch. The soundtrack is amazing as ever and combat good fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
Persona 3 Reload - 9/10

Another amazing game. A 9/10, only played Persona 5 Royal before this which tbh is a near 10/10, but 3 Reload was a blast. You do need to be into the social links and watch arc's play out to fully enjoy it otherwise will lose half the game if your into combat only. It does show its age in that the main battle location is 200 levels or so of generated floors, but its good fun. Persona 5 royal is much better in that regards.

Runs smooth and the ray tracing (abit small) is a nice touch. The soundtrack is amazing as ever and combat good fun.
I've been looking at these.

Not played anything like it, in recent memory at least.

Do you need to play them in any order to understand the story.

Number 4 you can get much cheaper than 3/5, is that good as stand-alone or better to play 3 etc first?

Associate
Gran Turismo 2 (RG35XX) - 10/10

Playing this with D-pad and buttons combined with tracks so low-poly the cars are constantly jumping all over the place made this a joy to complete again 24 years later. Also a interesting comparison between one of the first racers I played as a kid, and seriously struggling with licenses and anything that wasn't 4WD, to now breezing through the majority of tests and races.

Soldato
I've been looking at these.

Not played anything like it, in recent memory at least.

Do you need to play them in any order to understand the story.

Number 4 you can get much cheaper than 3/5, is that good as stand-alone or better to play 3 etc first?

They are all standalone games with self contained stories. So I played 5 first, then 4 then 3 and aside from a tiny cameo and a common thread where you build the "persona's", all very individual with no story really carrying over.

Persona 4 golden is the oldest, so misses a lot of the benefits of the overhauls and looks somewhat dated IMO. The story is still good however so could be a place to start. In a way if you think you may play them all, could make sense to start there so when you move to 5 or 3, then it does not feel like going back a step combat, UI and graphics wise.

These are massively chunky games (80 hours +) so if you only plan to pick up one, then 5 Royal is the one I would get. I would probably get it and play it first either way tbh, £25 right now on steam, or just under £20 on CD keys.

Soldato
They are all standalone games with self contained stories. So I played 5 first, then 4 then 3 and aside from a tiny cameo and a common thread where you build the "persona's", all very individual with no story really carrying over.

Persona 4 golden is the oldest, so misses a lot of the benefits of the overhauls and looks somewhat dated IMO. The story is still good however so could be a place to start. In a way if you think you may play them all, could make sense to start there so when you move to 5 or 3, then it does not feel like going back a step combat, UI and graphics wise.

These are massively chunky games (80 hours +) so if you only plan to pick up one, then 5 Royal is the one I would get. I would probably get it and play it first either way tbh, £25 right now on steam, or just under £20 on CD keys.

I'm kind of interested in picking up either P3 or P5, but not sure which. I really loved P4G. Well, most of it. But... NOT the combat/dungeon crawling! I hated those parts. They dragged on and on and on, they were repetitive, they were visually dull, there were the same enemies over and over again, I didn't find the combat style at all engaging, and I actually felt a bit annoyed playing these sections. I turned the combat difficult to easy just to get through them as fast as I could and get back to the rest of the game.

So, as much as I want to go back into the Persona world, I'm not sure I can bring myself to schlep through bloated, dull dungeons and repetitive combat again. I guess P3 is going to be similar, but how's the combat in P5 going to be for someone who felt like I did about it in 4, do you reckon?

Soldato
Shadow of War - 9/10

Fantastic storyline, great fun combat and some of the NPCs are hilarious. One of the best games I've played in a very long time. So much so that even though I've done the storyline, I'll likely jump on and play the game in it's post-story state for fun.

Associate
Shadow of War - 9/10

Fantastic storyline, great fun combat and some of the NPCs are hilarious. One of the best games I've played in a very long time. So much so that even though I've done the storyline, I'll likely jump on and play the game in it's post-story state for fun.
Game is fantastic, a real hidden gem imo. Not played it in a while think i might load it up again and cause some carnage.
Game of the year edition is on sale for £1.99 on cdkeys atm

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm kind of interested in picking up either P3 or P5, but not sure which. I really loved P4G. Well, most of it. But... NOT the combat/dungeon crawling! I hated those parts. They dragged on and on and on, they were repetitive, they were visually dull, there were the same enemies over and over again, I didn't find the combat style at all engaging, and I actually felt a bit annoyed playing these sections. I turned the combat difficult to easy just to get through them as fast as I could and get back to the rest of the game.

So, as much as I want to go back into the Persona world, I'm not sure I can bring myself to schlep through bloated, dull dungeons and repetitive combat again. I guess P3 is going to be similar, but how's the combat in P5 going to be for someone who felt like I did about it in 4, do you reckon?

The Dungons In persona 5 Royal are much better then the 3/4. In 5 you have individual palaces which are all unique which ties in really amazingly with the other real world side of things. You do then get a location called mementos which is connected to the story which is multiple layers of procedural layers which can be a drag until you reach mid game in which you can auto defeat enemies without going into combat each time. But each of the palaces are unique with their own enemies. Combat in general is also much better then number 4. Number 3 however is so so because its a single location with 200+ similar floors for most the part, so may not enjoy that. So yeah combat / dungeon wise, 5 is the best IMO.

The combat is also much better in Persona 5 Royal, strongest in series IMO. That said, depending how much you play it, its still a hefty game and I can imagine 50+ hours in you may want to cut through combat quickly eventually. For that you get the most OP persona in the series to help you along if that is your thing!

Soldato
The Dungons In persona 5 Royal are much better then the 3/4. In 5 you have individual palaces which are all unique which ties in really amazingly with the other real world side of things. You do then get a location called mementos which is connected to the story which is multiple layers of procedural layers which can be a drag until you reach mid game in which you can auto defeat enemies without going into combat each time. But each of the palaces are unique with their own enemies. Combat in general is also much better then number 4. Number 3 however is so so because its a single location with 200+ similar floors for most the part, so may not enjoy that. So yeah combat / dungeon wise, 5 is the best IMO.

The combat is also much better in Persona 5 Royal, strongest in series IMO. That said, depending how much you play it, its still a hefty game and I can imagine 50+ hours in you may want to cut through combat quickly eventually. For that you get the most OP persona in the series to help you along if that is your thing!
Great, detailed reply! Cheers!

Think I'll check out P5, then.

Back
Top Bottom