The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
I purchased Call of Duty Vanguard the other day as it was in the Steam sale. When it was released it was a little too pricey for me and a lot of the reviews did not give it a good rating but having played and enjoyed all of COD's WW2 games since they began releasing back in the early 2000's I took the opportunity of the sale to grab it. I'm not sure if I am still in the minority, but I really enjoyed it. Of course, a lot of it was the old linear gameplay but the characters were interesting, story good although a bit silly at times plus a good chunk of humour thrown in. It did seem a bit short to me, but maybe it wasn't, and I was just enjoying it? I'd happily buy/play a Vanguard 2 if it was ever released. A good, solid 7.5/10

Soldato
Return of the Obra Dinn

Completed it years and years ago, thought it had been long enought to return to. Was - just! Blinding game - 9/10
Love seeing love for this game, it's in my top 10 of All Time for sure. I'm due a replay soon, i still listen to the music occasionally.
Check out Case Of The Golden Idol too if you haven't.

Soldato
:D
I've just checked out the trailer. Please tell me you can get rid of all that shimmering though. :D

:D It's part of the charm and you'll get use to it very quickly. I think there are a few different filters you can use but it's one of those games where gameplay is at the heart rather then looks :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I was bored the other day and didn't want to play too much on Ghost Recon Wildlands as I'm playing it through with my son, so I installed HomeFront, first I've played it for years, I'd forgotten what a great premise it was, sadly let down by very average gameplay.

I could see it be turned into something great with a decent reboot.

Soldato
Far Cry 6.

Another "oh it's on GP, so I might as well" game.

Looks quite good. Runs well and the gunplay is generally pretty smooth. But it's a game that avoids innovation like it was an infectious disease.

6/10

Need to find better things to spend my time on after this and Valhalla...

Associate
RE4 is on my list also, but not sure I can bring myself to spend £20 on it or whatever. Nailed the other two from Game pass and knowing my luck it will come on exactly 1 day after I buy it :)
I purchased it off CDkeys in their sale a while back. The the RE2 and 3 came onto gamepass so im fully expecting to be in this boat.

Luckily ive had 2 and 3 on steam for ages because of a humble bundle (I think)

Associate
Im doing this as well, I think Im about 90% through Leons story on RE2, then will do Claires (Im assuming its different enough to be worth it).
From some internet searching. I found that people were aligned in that Leon A and Claire B is the best way to play as in the remake you dont need to play both A's and B's to get the full story anymore

Associate
Im doing this as well, I think Im about 90% through Leons story on RE2, then will do Claires (Im assuming its different enough to be worth it).

I did Leon A then Claire B. It's shorter with the B run so you don't have to do some of the run around you do in the A run. The whole Ada bit is replaced by something entirely different as well as the end boss, so I think its definitely worth doing the B run with Claire.

Back
Top Bottom