The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up, seen some gameplay and it looks really good. 130GB filesize so I assume the graphics are decent and it's a long game. Found it for £24 for a CDKEY
Surviver is the sequel. So grab the first one if you haven't already played it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Alyx is the most polished vr title ive played, well worth a go..although havent picked up vr headset in 2 years.

Agreed. I had two VR headsets. Fun for a while but not enough triple a games or experiences unfortunately. Will probably wait a few more years before I dip in (and back out again).

Associate
Horizon Forbidden West (Main Campaign) - 9/10

A visually impressive game that ran great on my system and looks great on an OLED. Though I'll admit after 70 hours I was ready for it to wrap up.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Horizon Forbidden West (Main Campaign) - 9/10

A visually impressive game that ran great on my system and looks great on an OLED. Though I'll admit after 70 hours I was ready for it to wrap up.

Yep. It is a good 9/10 for me. Not as good as the HZD. But a lot of fun. Hopefully have it complete in the next week or so.

Associate
Agreed. I had two VR headsets. Fun for a while but not enough triple a games or experiences unfortunately. Will probably wait a few more years before I dip in (and back out again).
Problem for me with Alyx was performance. Alyx ran so badly on my old CPU. I could probably run it now even though my GPU is ancient. It was also uncomfortable for any decent period of gaming, a pain to setup, the cable was annoying, and more life happened.

Otherwise I still strongly believe that VR is the future of gaming.

Nothing comes close to that level of immersion and if anything will make me upgrade my GPU it will be getting back into VR.

No other game has yet and it's been 6 years now I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Excavation of Hobbs Barrow. Little point and click adventure game from humble bundle. I really enjoyed it. There wasn't too much waffling and the puzzles were more on the easy side so you didn't get stuck for ages tying to figure out some obscure solution. 8/10

Associate
BG3 - 9.5/10, I knew it would be great having played Divinity Original Sin 2, but it surpassed my expectations. On my second playthrough and loving every minute of it.

It's not just a great game, its a great game from a gaming company that really cares about what they are doing and what the gamers get for their money.

It has really put other companies to shame, this is gaming at its very best.

Associate
Sleeping Dogs - 8.5 / 10

What a great game. Really decent story taking place in a fantastic looking representation of Hong Kong. The melee combat is top notch and is actually preferable to using guns. It really is a crime that they never made a Sleeping Dogs 2. Runs at a solid 60fps on Steam Deck.

Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?

Caporegime
Sleeping Dogs - 8.5 / 10

What a great game. Really decent story taking place in a fantastic looking representation of Hong Kong. The melee combat is top notch and is actually preferable to using guns. It really is a crime that they never made a Sleeping Dogs 2. Runs at a solid 60fps on Steam Deck.

Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?

'Tis great, I preferred it to any of the GTA games.

Soldato
Planet of Lana - 8/10. If you like Limbo, Inside etc you'll probably like this one. It's unlike those two with it's quite bright, colourful art style but gameplay offers a lot of similarities. My main complaint are the annoying fade-to-blacks between gameplay and "cutscenes" which aren't cutscenes at all, it would have flowed better without them.

Somerville - 6/10. I loved Limbo and Inside and this one is from a studio started by one of the guys who made those. This one fell quite flat for me sadly; too many bugs, fiddly gameplay and a narrative that didn't present itself nearly clearly enough. There's a Simon Says type sequence at the end which leads to multiple endings, but I've no idea how you're expected to know what to do to get them without a guide. It's presented side-on like Inside but plays with the perspective and lets you move towards and away from the camera too, which was something different.

Soldato
Assassins Creed 1 - Working my way through various franchises now.

Was ok. 7/10?

Assassins Creed 2 - Stronger storytelling than its predecessor - 8/10
Assassins Creed Brotherhood - 9/10. Loved the whole creating Assassins and being able to use them etc.

Currently working my way through the last of the Ezio trilogy with Revelations

Trying to get as close to 100% as possible including feathers/treasure/side missions etc etc

Associate
Portal - 9 / 10

Brilliant. Makes you feel smart, is funny and has one of the best final boss battles Valve has ever done. Some people might think it is a little short but I think it accomplished everything it set out to achieve and doesn't over stay it's welcome. Possibly one of the best games ever made.

Caporegime
Portal - 9 / 10

Brilliant. Makes you feel smart, is funny and has one of the best final boss battles Valve has ever done. Some people might think it is a little short but I think it accomplished everything it set out to achieve and doesn't over stay it's welcome. Possibly one of the best games ever made.

Are you doing Portal 2 next?

Back
Top Bottom