The last game you couldn't complete and the reason why

Associate
Sekiro - Final Boss. I just can't work out the routine to beat him, he's too fast, worked my way through the whole game twice, just cannot beat him.
Any tips welcome.

Associate
Actually I can add Fallout 4 as well, I've played and completed Fallout 1-3 and New Vegas, really enjoyed them.

But with the incessant inventory management for all the extra homestead junk to sort through in Fallout 4, killed the game for me after about 2 hours.

Soldato
RDR 2 - Mainly waiting for new GPU to get a decent experience.
Horizon Zero Dawn - Didn't really grab me, again might have another shot with new GPU.
Untitled Goose Game - Might come back to it. I don't really enjoy 'stealth' games. It did have some good laughs in the short time I've played it.
Gears Tactics - Stuck on last boss :D

Edit - Also stuck on last boss of Jedi:Fallen Order. Need to git gud (or lower the difficulty level).

Last edited:
Associate
Tip about Control's Mister Tomasi:
It took me ages to figure out that if I run almost to the top of the stairs on the left hand side from the entrance, Tomasi would hover about in the large area and I could take pot shots at him and duck behind pillars to avoid his attacks. Any other hiss soldiers are easily taken out from that position too, as the stairs act as a sort of bottle neck for them. That'll be the toughest battle for ages to come.

Soldato
RDR 2 - while it had a beautiful setting and i enjoyed the combat and a lot of the missions. I just hated rpg stuff like building the camp, getting food, gathering resources, looking after your horses, seemed to drain a lot of my time and patience, gave up after 5-6 hours.

Associate
Another one for Yakuza 0, loved it at the beginning, putting about 30 hours into it. Stopped playing for a couple of days, which then turned into months.

Would like to go back to it one day, as I don't like to leave games uncompleted.

Soldato
Hallow Knight.

I LOVE Metroidvania games, this but 1, didn't do anything for me.
The setting was just so bleak and uninteresting, it kinda brought me down and I found nothing redeeming in the gameplay.
I know people love it, so I gave it 5 hours but I couldn't find a reason to keep playing.

Aftwards I bought Ori and the Will of the Wisps, a much better game in my opinion.

Soldato
Sekiro - Final Boss. I just can't work out the routine to beat him, he's too fast, worked my way through the whole game twice, just cannot beat him.
Any tips welcome.
First phase, Genechiro is easy. First phase Isshin also pretty easy, be aggressive and parry his attacks. Second phase Isshin is ridiculous. I ended up basically keeping distance, blocking his machine gun and bating his jump attack, dodge under him, couple of attacks then back away and repeat. Third phase is easier, he does the thunder attack so just deflect that back at him like the first time you fought Genechiro then keep doing what you done in second phase.

Associate
Nearly every game ive played in the last 10 years lol its not that the games are bad (some are) but i seem to get bored playing after a short while, must be old age, used to complete everything back in the 90s

Associate
I think we are spoilt for choice with so many games and with them being so cheap it's easy to have a massive list of games we never complete and we move to the next one too quickly.

I agree. I'm also undecided on weather steam refunds are a good thing or not. Too easy to take a snapshot of a game before it's really got started. A good example for me is Hell let Loose, hated the first 2 hours but missed the refund deadline, gave it a couple more goes and now it's all I play :p

Back
Top Bottom