**** The LG G5 Thread ****

Soldato
Bit of a bump.

Did anyone who went for one of these regret it? They're available for £315 now. Seems like a really good price for the spec but I'm worried about build quality issues.

Associate
Ok I've just ordered a G5 from virgin for £35 per month with 20gb of data. Having now read about it a bit more I'm worried about build quality and battery life. I thought battery should be ok especially as you can swap it out for a new one when the original starts to get crap after the first 9 months or so like most phones I've owned.

Soldato
In general I've been really happy with my G5. The wide angle camera is a revelation, I use it all the time. Performance is good (like all flagship phones nowadays) and the screen is far better than an S6 I was comparing it to recently.

Yes, the build quality of the modular bottom is pretty poor but i use a clear gel case so it's a non-issue for me. I should add that I've dropped this thing countless times without any issues.

I had some battery life issues before Christmas. I say "issues" - that meant it was going down to 30% by the end of the day instead of the usual 60%. It's not like i was scrambling for the charging port every hour. Since then the phone has received the 7.0 update and I disabled LTE. One or both of those things has brought the battery life back to its usual 60% by the end of the day performance.

If the price is right and you're happy with a thin gel case on the phone then I'd certainly recommend it.

Associate
Nice to hear someone with something positive to say. What sort of usage do you use your phone for? I'm quite heavy on battery as I tend to do a fair bit of web browsing and use clash of clans a lot which kills battery in my experience.

Soldato
To be honest I'm not a heavy user and not a gamer, though I do use it as an e-reader. Today my phone has been unplugged 6 hours, 30mins screen on and battery down to 90%. (Wifi, 3G (not 4G), NFC, Bluetooth and location all switched on). It would be even better if my VPN was switched off, that's eaten 4% of the 10% drain.

Soldato
Got one of these recently get decent battery life lasts me all day i have music on for 5-6hrs a day at work aswel as browsing the net a lot and playing clash of clans.

My only problem is i get burn in on my screen, anyone else have this problem? Or know of a fix other than blue light filter?

Associate
I have had no update since November 2016 on this phone?

Google have released many important security updates since then, LG should be ashamed of themselves.

No way on earth I'm going for the Lg g6, hello Samsung again.

Back
Top Bottom