The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Don
That sleeve sponsor had best only be optional on replica shirts or I won't be buying any more

Suppose they will sell well in Nigeria though ;)

Man of Honour
That sleeve sponsor had best only be optional on replica shirts or I won't be buying any more

Suppose they will sell well in Nigeria though ;)

I dont mind that sponsor, I've used Western Union twice in the past and they've been brilliant. (especially good for transferring money from your credit card to your bank account without incurring any charges :D )

Don
I dont mind that sponsor, I've used Western Union twice in the past and they've been brilliant. (especially good for transferring money from your credit card to your bank account without incurring any charges :D )

did you get your £200m the other bloke promised? :p

Don
OP
It looks like Clyne's injury could be quite serious. He's been left out of our CL squad for the group stages - given that Lallana's meant to be out until mid to end of November and has been included, it looks like we might not be seeing Clyne before Christmas.

Man of Honour
It looks like Clyne's injury could be quite serious. He's been left out of our CL squad for the group stages - given that Lallana's meant to be out until mid to end of November and has been included, it looks like we might not be seeing Clyne before Christmas.

Must be a serious one for him to not be included on the list. Thankfully we have an overflow of RB talent

Don
OP
Must be a serious one for him to not be included on the list. Thankfully we have an overflow of RB talent
Yes and no. We have a lot of options at RB but you have to remember that Gomez is also in the squad as a CB option. One injury at CB and suddenly Gomez becomes next in line at both CB and RB - he can't play in 2 positions at once.

I suppose worst case scenario is Milner could cover/fill in at RB and Flanagan's still around.

Don
OP
Couple of things from Klopp's' press-conference:
  • Coutinho won't be involved vs City - he's going to having a mini pre-season over the next 4-5 days. On the bench in midweek and then starting next weekend would be my guess.
  • Asked where he saw Oxlade-Chamerlain fitting in - as expected Klopp said he sees him as an option in the 2 attacking/box to box midfield roles and on the wing.

Don
OP
I don't have any detailed figures but it's safe to say that they won't be profiting or even breaking-even from all this. To repay the £50m cost of the new training ground from the new housing development it would require Liverpool to build and sell those 160 houses at a profit of over £300k per house. That's obviously not going to happen. If they can recoup a third of the costs then they'd have done well I'd imagine.

I'd imagine the club will be looking for some sort of naming rights deal to cover a big chunk if not all the cost of building the new training ground.

Man of Honour
Well thats just great...Sadio Mane has picked up a hamstring injury and will be out for up to 6 weeks. Right before the Utd game too. Given what happened when we didnt have him for 1 month last January, that doesnt bode well at all.

Man of Honour
Really going to need Solanke to step up to the plate now, or for Sturridge to show that he isnt a lame horse nowadays. (tbh, I have more hope of the former being true than the latter)

Back
Top Bottom