The Liverpool Club Thread. **No Spoilers**

Don
Firstly, please read the below rules, they are very important:

1. These threads are for: tactical/player discussion inbetween weekend matchday threads, injury news, contract renewals, manager press conferences, and general minor news about your club that may not warrant its own thread. Anything that's not regarded as a minor news story must go in it's own thread.

2. No Spoilers! Please keep any discussion about weekend and midweek fixtures to the relevant matchday threads, at least until MOTD has been shown.

3. All transfer talk should be discussed in the dedicated transfers threads. Small rumours, signing of youth players etc outside the transfer window when the transfer threads aren't open are fine.

4. As per forum rules, keep it civil, supporters of any team are welcome to post in all club threads. If you have a problem with a post, RTM it. Trolling or accusations of trolling will not be tolerated.

While all the rules must be listened to, take particular care of the rule regarding spoilers. Any mention of the result or performance, even hinting at it, prior to MOTD will result in a suspension.

Don
OP
Fair play.

After what's happened with the Russian athletes and the UFC this week, is there a "common" standard with these tests?

(apologies if I have just messed up with the new club thread rules - delete post if I have)

Your post is fine.

And I have no idea. I started trying to understand the rules when Sakho was first, kind of, cleared and it was confusing as ****. There's different lists of substances, one list is 100% banned and the other list is but isn't banned. So I gave up. All I know is Sakho successfully argued that what he took isn't or shouldn't be on the banned list or the is but isn't list.

Don
OP
It was initially thought that he'd be going to the Olympics and the talk was that he'd be slowly brought into the side. He's now confirmed that having spoke to Klopp they decided that he won't be going to the Olympics which suggests that maybe he's in line to start the season.

Don
OP
Generally speaking we defended a lot better as the season went on under Klopp. Sakho and Lovren began to develop a decent partnership and Clyne was more than solid all season. Our defensive problems were the lack of a proper defensive midfielder, Moreno being Moreno and when the Sakho/Lovren partnership was broken up, Skrtel (who has always blown hot and cold) was disasterous.

Now it doesn't look like the DM role will be addressed but hopefully we've got better CB options this season with the arrival of Matip, Klavan and Gomez being available and it appears certain that we'll sign a LB.

I think the biggest thing going for us both gernally and specifically our defence is Klopp having a full pre-season to work with the team and no European football will give him time during the season too. Rodgers was an excellent coach but tactically wasn't great and in particular struggled to organise a defence, and when Klopp arrived we were playing so often he didn't have the chance to do much work on the training ground.

Don
OP
The club sell tickets in batches. All games up until the new year went on sale a little while ago which you needed to be a member to buy (and been to x amount of games last year for certain fixtures). Because the tickets are sold so far ahead, tickets can be returned and they're then put up for sale a couple of weeks or so before the game. How many tickets become available, for how long and whether or not you need to be a member will depend on the game. If it's a big game then few tickets are returned, they go in seconds and you need to be a member, if it's West Brom at home then there's a chance tickets will go onto a general sale but not a certainty. Games which are rearranged for TV, possibly to midweek evenings usually get more returns and more likely to go to a general sale.

If you're not fussed about which game you want to go to then your best bet is the early rounds of the League Cup. Tickets will end up on general sale and they'll probably be a bit cheaper than Premier League games too. Once the draw has been made the club will be ticket details on the site letting you know sale dates. Season tickets and members will take priority still but it's all but certain there would be a general sale.

Don
OP
If you want 3 tickets you might need 3 memberships if you're going down the members route. A home draw in the League Cup or cross your fingers for a lesser game being moved to midweek and you should be able to get tickets on a general sale.

Don
OP
Not really. If you were a member and you were online when the tickets went on sale you'd have easily got your hands on a fair few tickets. It's only the big games that you need to have built up some credit to get tickets for.

Don
OP
I don't think Mane is completely ruled out of the weekend but either way it's a relief that it's not a long term thing.

Don
OP
Liverpool fans have a long long history of liking issues to be kept behind closed doors rather than being made public, so Sakho really isnt helping his cause with stuff like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-Liverpool-boss-says-isn-t-ready-action.html

Regardless of the fans, Klopp won't put up with this. Whenever you hear Klopp speak it's always about the team and how everybody is part of that team whether they're in the starting 11 or not. This isn't a new thing with Sakho either - people probably don't remember he stormed off when he wasn't in the squad for the Everton game in his first season.

When he's good he's very good but he's far too inconsistent to put up with his nonsense, not that I think Klopp would put up with any players nonsense.

Don
OP
Looks like it. Reports coming out (following the scan) that he will indeed be out for 5-6 weeks which means best case he'll be back for City on the 31st but more likely it will be Utd on the 15th after the internationals.

Back
Top Bottom