The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Caporegime
Amad

So talented he doesn't get off the bench at home to villa in the cup.

Screenshot-20220116-155245-Chrome.jpg

£37m was spent to bring the 19-year-old youngster to Old Trafford yet he had only played 76 first team minutes for the Serie A team prior to the deal being signed.

The trouble is, United continue to throw big money at their problems and the situation does not become any brighter.

But now is the time for the recruitment team to have a major rethink.

By continuing to sign the likes of Amad and not playing them, you keep diminishing their chances of one day coming good.

I mean I called it right, and days later the Manchester evening news picks it up as a story.

We play Elanga and amad doesn't even get any game time.

We need wholesale changes here from a thought and action perspective.

Man of Honour
OP
Ideally, Rangnick should have come in as a Sporting Director. In terms of him as a manager, it's extremely difficult to implement new ideas when you are on a 6 month contract. Players know you'll be gone in a few months.

The fact of the matter is, the squad isn't balanced and we have too many players who won't put the effort in. So here we are.

The whole football operation needs fixing, if the board won't let Rangnick sign players or have much input, we are quite frankly finished as a top club. Money alone will not fix this.

Caporegime
The truth is we have spent £110m on 2 wingers in the last 12 months.

Neither of them is a starter, one of them doesn't even make the bench. And arguably the other is debatable given his returns this season.

If that isn't setting alarm bells off I don't know what is?!

Why would we spend 37m on Amad, for example?

Who initiated this? Who sanctioned it?

Man of Honour
OP
I have no idea who sanctioned the Amad deal, but considering the glaring deficiencies in midfield, buying attacking prospects doesn't make much sense. Especially as we usually end up losing money on them in the end.

The frustration is that for the best part of a decade, we have not truly attempted to fix the glaring issues in midfield, and without that, we'll never see much consistency.

Soldato
The next appointment for United is massive really. You have Cavani, Pogba, Lingard and Mata all coming off the wage budget...that's 30 mil a year alone providing spotrac is reliable.

Caporegime
Not really, he's a promising youngster who would have gone out on loan in the summer if he hadn't got a bad injury at the last minute. Will probably go out on loan this month instead.

Caporegime
Not really, he's a promising youngster who would have gone out on loan in the summer if he hadn't got a bad injury at the last minute. Will probably go out on loan this month instead.

But why don't we play him?

We must have literally zero confidence in him to play Elanga instead. And not even bring him on vs villa in the cup... i mean.. really...

Soldato
The truth is that results weren't much worse if any (looking at last season) than these results from Rangnick.

The reason Ole suffered was a refusal to make game changing proactive subs in good time to either win back control of the game or solidify and push on to win the game.

I would expect Rangnick's resignation pretty soon.

Surely he can't go on limping from one bad result/performance to the next with what is basically a top 1-3 side in terms of cost and wages.

Its blatantly obvious now that he is out of his depth too and has not one of the following:

Results/Performances/the dressing room

Of which you at least need 2 out of 3 plus luck to be successful.
I think you may have amnesia. We got hammered by by Watford, lost to Young Boys and that was after being humiliated at home by Liverpool and toyed with by City. Rangnick has lost to Wolves 1-0 so at least that is some improvement. How can you say he's out his depth when he is beset by petulant schoolchildren who have been indulged by the club for too long. As I said previously, the club needs to get behind him ad allow him to to his job - If he sorts out a better playstyle that in time can allow us to compete then I'm prepared to write off this season. Half a dozen are going to leave in the summer anyway so it's time for a reset. We saw a glimpse yesterday of what could be, unfortunately the personnel in a key position were not able to play 90 minutes at that intensity required. Thats a valuable lesson for him and hopefully will be capital in his discussion with the board about a DCM signing asap.

Soldato
The next appointment for United is massive really. You have Cavani, Pogba, Lingard and Mata all coming off the wage budget...that's 30 mil a year alone providing spotrac is reliable.
It's more than that donny will be gone martial aswell and maybe Ronaldo
Can't see him staying to be honest especially if we don't get champ league plus Henderson

Soldato
The truth is we have spent £110m on 2 wingers in the last 12 months.

Neither of them is a starter, one of them doesn't even make the bench. And arguably the other is debatable given his returns this season.

If that isn't setting alarm bells off I don't know what is?!

Why would we spend 37m on Amad, for example?

Who initiated this? Who sanctioned it?
Woodward sanctioned it it was all panic buying because they messed sancho deal up also donny is the same

Caporegime
Woodward sanctioned it it was all panic buying because they messed sancho deal up also donny is the same

Do we have any other examples of 37m players with respect than 90 minutes of professional football under their belt being bought for this amount abd then - not leaving them a the club to finish the season and then 12 months later trying to loan them out to championship level sides after less than 10 performances?

That's like more than the transfer records of 80% of the clubs across the top tiers in all of Europe.

Soldato
Do we have any other examples of 37m players with respect than 90 minutes of professional football under their belt being bought for this amount abd then - not leaving them a the club to finish the season and then 12 months later trying to loan them out to championship level sides after less than 10 performances?

That's like more than the transfer records of 80% of the clubs across the top tiers in all of Europe.
It's called incompetence nick we are not a football club we are a business mate a board who think more about money and don't know a thing about football jobs for the boys the standards have got lower and lower

Back
Top Bottom