The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Man of Honour
OP
Not buying that Pogba story without better sources. I think he'll just leave.

A costly mistake but no point making it even worse by giving him a new contract.

Soldato
Not buying that Pogba story without better sources. I think he'll just leave.

A costly mistake but no point making it even worse by giving him a new contract.
Yep exactly, it was a costly mistake but like you say let him leave for free rather than give him an insane contract and be stuck with an underperforming money drain for the next 5 years

fez

fez

Caporegime
Why do we want a player who plays when HE wants to ,on a stupidly expensive contract:confused:
Do they not learn from previous mistakes:o

Because in theory a happy and productive Pogba is one of the best players in the world. He isn't a player that will elevate a team or drag a team up which isn't performing though. Hes the icing on a cake player that elevates a good team to a great team. When hes not happy and the team isn't performing then he goes AWOL.

Currently there isn't much point to having him but if we can sort the rest of the team, tactics and attitude out he would be a good player to have around.

Currently though he can leave for free for all I care. £400k/week for him is madness of the highest order.

Soldato
Half decent performance from Garner tonight vs Arsenal. He looks quite accomplished in a positional sense but I think he'll need to be on the protein shakes to graduate to EPL level. Certainly developing at Notts Forest.

Soldato
Saw this on Facebook - thought it would be interesting to see

My answers below.....

Must keep: Jadon Sancho
Let him prove his worth: Lindard
Talented youngster: Amad Diallo
Probably not good enough: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Likely to leave soon: Edinson Cavani
No future: Anthony Martial

Also team looks utterly disinterested already - nothing to play for in the league etc.....Worrying times. Treading water at the moment

Soldato
Said before and will say again

Pogba/Matic/Mata/Lingard/Martial - Get rid of all of them.... Get whatever you can for them and lets move forward.

United are screaming out for about 3 seasons now for a proper DM player. McTominay has played well in last 4 or 5 games but Fred isn't the answer, Matic is way past his best. Pogba just doesn't fit at all.

Just don't get why VDB doesn't even get a game/playing time. Give him a chance for christ sake, £35 million to sit on the bench.

The whole "interim" manager is just ridiculous.... Zero progress, total stagnation for another 6 months.

Permabanned

Pogba/Matic/Mata/Lingard/Martial - Get rid of all of them.... Get whatever you can for them and lets move forward.

United are screaming out for about 3 seasons now for a proper DM player. McTominay has played well in last 4 or 5 games but Fred isn't the answer, Matic is way past his best. Pogba just doesn't fit at all.

Just don't get why VDB doesn't even get a game/playing time. Give him a chance for christ sake, £35 million to sit on the bench.

The whole "interim" manager is just ridiculous.... Zero progress, total stagnation for another 6 months.

that's about the most sense post i have read.

Soldato
Saw this on Facebook - thought it would be interesting to see

My answers below.....

Must keep: Jadon Sancho
Let him prove his worth: Lindard
Talented youngster: Amad Diallo
Probably not good enough: Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Likely to leave soon: Edinson Cavani
No future: Anthony Martial

Also team looks utterly disinterested already - nothing to play for in the league etc.....Worrying times. Treading water at the moment

Amusing flip :p

Man of Honour
OP
I'll offer my thoughts on some of our squad...
  • De Gea - absolutely fine.
  • Henderson - appears to be rocking the boat a bit as a no.2 - not good enough, let him go.
  • Lindelof - very average, OK as a squad player.
  • Bailly - far too injury prone to be useful, often erratic anyway.

• Phil Jones - injury prone and not a particularly good player. Not sure why people are suddenly eulogising him.
  • Harry Maguire - comically overrated and a poor captain. Can do a job but not at the top level.
  • Varane - should be fine if he stays fit.
  • Luke Shaw - poor attitude by all accounts, seems to cause squad issues, not really that great a player.
  • Alex Telles - seemed to do well but hasn't had all that many chances, prefer him to Shaw.
  • Wan-Bissaka - good at tackling, poor at everything else. Not going to be good enough.
  • Pogba - ruins the squad, a drain on resources, and must leave at all costs. Such a pity as he's got fantastic ability, but we only see it 1% of the time.
  • Mata - effectively collecting a pension now. Nice guy, but that's about it.
  • Lingard - waste of space, was never going to be good enough at the top level, should have left years ago. Seems to be the source of a lot of leaks.
  • Amad - not really had a chance yet.
  • Fred - I don't mind Fred, think he'd be good as a box to box in a midfield 3.
  • Matic - past it and has to go.
  • McTominay - seems to be improving all the time, showing a lot of promise. No guarantees though.
  • Bruno - one of the best players around, complete drama queen though. Think he'll be fine when the team is in a better place.
  • Donny - I still don't think he's had a fair chance yet. He must be a car crash in training. Strange.
  • Martial - see Pogba.
  • Rashford - seems to have quit football and not told anyone. Great player, years ago. Needs to get himself sorted out.
  • Greenwood - excellent.
  • Cavani - needs to go in the summer but fine for now.
  • Sancho - has great ability, just needs to start using it. Sooner rather than later, but not too worried considering the state of the squad in general. Nobody is really playing well.
  • Ronaldo - great to have him here, like Bruno, a drama queen. I think in a team playing well he's still one of the best strikers around. Not a useful player at the moment when the squad is struggling, though.

Back
Top Bottom