The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Man of Honour
OP
If you think about it, aside from Leeds and the latter part of the Newcastle game, all of our performances this season have been poor.

Almost all of our games in October and November are difficult - so that should be... interesting.

I don't expect the club to get rid of Ole (and all of his staff) unless things get dire, so we'll likely finish 4th-5th, no trophies, 50/50 as to whether we get out of the group in the Champions League.

Is that really an improvement on anything? No.

Caporegime
If you think about it, aside from Leeds and the latter part of the Newcastle game, all of our performances this season have been poor.

Almost all of our games in October and November are difficult - so that should be... interesting.

I don't expect the club to get rid of Ole (and all of his staff) unless things get dire, so we'll likely finish 4th-5th, no trophies, 50/50 as to whether we get out of the group in the Champions League.

Is that really an improvement on anything? No.

I think it will be very difficult to not finish 4th. The league is very poor this season outside Liverpool and Chelsea ( They have had a recent dip as well).

Leicester, Spurs and Arsenal are all terrible this year. (Even worse than us!)

Saying that this time last year Spurs were top and look how that ended so maybe it is a bit too early to judge.

Man of Honour
OP
New contract for Mike Phelan (Carrick and McKenna to follow).

Suppose it won't make any difference if Ole was to be sacked but it's depressing all the same.

fez

fez

Caporegime
They probably have seen jadon Sancho's performances so far and looking to recoup their money directly :p

Ahh, the mistake you are making here is to think that any money that the club spends is coming from the Glazers. They quite literally bought the club with the clubs money. Its the sort of thing that doesn't even compute a little bit. We have spent over 1bn servicing the debt and the glazers have taken god knows how much out of the club as well. It should be illegal.

Soldato
Ahh, the mistake you are making here is to think that any money that the club spends is coming from the Glazers. They quite literally bought the club with the clubs money. Its the sort of thing that doesn't even compute a little bit. We have spent over 1bn servicing the debt and the glazers have taken god knows how much out of the club as well. It should be illegal.

One of the incredibly stark observations of 'if you have enough money, you don't need to spend money to make money'.

Still...money won't make you happy folks* :)

*Although it does make things easier.

Man of Honour
OP
Fred won't play against Leicester because of International football, praise the Lord lol, sadly he still won't pick Donny.

Donny will be off to Everton in January. I bet he'll do well there too as he won't be playing under a hopeless fraud of a manager.

Soldato

I don't think he can be sacked and replaced by the likes of Conte any time soon, UTD should have made that call at the end of last season (rightly or wrongly)

I think whoever comes in or is managing UTD have the same issue. We have no decent central / defensive midfield. That money spent of Sancho should have been spent on Rice for example.

Caporegime
It's called depth, we haven't had it for years. I expect our preferred Front 3 will be Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho but it won't be the same every game.

Yes but the problem here lies in Pogba needs to be on the left to be effective. Martial's best off the left and Ronaldo can play there too .

We are like a body builder with arms the size of mountains but have legs made of twiglets. We are such an unbalanced team.

Soldato
And I would put greenwood ahead off all of them,

Nothing personal on Sancho but I don't think we needed him. I am now concerned for him.

We really should have spent the money on central / defensive midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom