The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Man of Honour
We ALWAYS do it though

As soon as we score in most games, you almost expect us to concede within minutes. It's like we lose our heads and just don't know how to settle the game. If you play FIFA, then you'll understand this reference, but it's like the kick-off glitch is a real thing for us.

I was furious against Brentford but we never really deserved anything from that game so it was hard to be too angry for long, but last night, to get back in to it like we did, lead until the 98th minute, and then not only concede to make it 3-3, but end up losing?! It's just mind boggling

Associate
Antony is hot and cold but that pass was just sublime and Garnacho is having a brilliant season personally but massive mindset change and clear out is needed to blend a team with same hunger of the past. ETH has been saved far too often with brilliant moments but not enough for 90 minutes.

Soldato
Antony is hot and cold but that pass was just sublime and Garnacho is having a brilliant season personally but massive mindset change and clear out is needed to blend a team with same hunger of the past. ETH has been saved far too often with brilliant moments but not enough for 90 minutes.

Hot and cold? He done 2 good things in 2 years of football.

Man of Honour
I'm disappointed that Ten Hag wasn't sacked overnight. He needs to go, and who knows, a quick feel good bounce while we get a caretaker in might give us a chance in the final, as opposed to the absolute battering we're likely to get

Last edited:
Caporegime
There was little chance of him being sacked after reaching the final, embarrassing though it may have been. If he happens to win the FA Cup, that's two seasons with silverware and then the new people in charge will have a decision to make. I still think they'll sack him even if he wins it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
There was little chance of him being sacked after reaching the final, embarrassing though it may have been. If he happens to win the FA Cup, that's two seasons with silverware and then the new people in charge will have a decision to make. I still think they'll sack him even if he wins it.

Nah, theres not decision here. As much as the media completely ignores our season long injury crisis in defence, we have been abject. The number of times we have played well and deserved to win games by a clear margin is embarrassingly low. Smaller teams play well and struggle to score. We are the opposite. We scrape through games due to having some quality players but my word do we not have a clue as a team.

The summer is going to be interesting because we should have a new manager but they will need to buy probably 3 new defenders, at least one if not 2 CMs and preferably and striker and wide forward. There isn't going to be the money for 1/3rd of that.

Ten Hag has to go though. Doesn't matter whether he did it at Ajax and whether he will do it again elsewhere (I think perhaps he will) but he hasn't done anywhere near enough to keep his job this season.

Man of Honour
OP
I didn't think there was much chance of ETH being sacked overnight, although it would have been well deserved.

Putting everything else to one side, the question we have to ask is, over the past 2 seasons, what has he shown? A couple of good cup runs? The performances have just been beyond woeful, it's like the dark days of Moyes/Rangnick/Mourinho all rolled into one terrible package, and the longer he's here, the worse it gets. We all know the players aren't up to scratch either, but a good manager would get more out of them, and show something on the tactical side of things.

It genuinely looks like the players are not coached. That is absolutely damning. Maybe they don't understand what he wants? But that is his fault.

The players he's brought in have not improved the team as a whole, Martinez being the only exception. And yes, before anyone says it, he wanted the likes of Antony and we wouldn't have signed him without ETH's intervention.

I am shocked this is even a discussion, he's toast, surely.

Caporegime
I'm disappointed that Ten Hag wasn't sacked overnight. He needs to go, and who knows, a quick feel good bounce while we get a caretaker in might give us a chance in the final, as opposed to the absolute battering we're likely to get
Sacked by whom? Appointed whom? Appointed by whom? How do you still not understand we have nobody in charge above ETH yet?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nah, theres not decision here.

There is always a decision to be made and winning the FA Cup could be the spanner in the works.

I don't think it's enough for him to keep the job, but I'm also not convinced that his sacking has already been decided behind the scenes as they are still appointing people above him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom