US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
Did anyone else think it was a bit short?

Frustratingly so, just getting into it and then....credits and a plane home :D

However I hate the whole binge culture these days, no time to actual digest what your watching and think about it before the next episode. Instead folks just binge a whole season of something in a day, get caught up in the momentum and move onto the next, rinse and repeat. It's this kind of binge watching I feel which doesn't allow much chance for any objective viewing of the material they've just seen.

It's like when you walk out of the cinema, the film you've just watched may not have been great but your riding the wave of the overall thing and have a bit of a buzz. It's not until hours/days later you kind of realise it's might not be as good as you first thought.

Or maybe it's too early, I need more coffee and to stop rambling. :D

Soldato
Good not excellent. Its a good start.
CGI has issues, where it looks movie quality in one scene and then something from Supergirl in another.
Its also often a bit odd to look at, Im guessing due to it's framerate, but some of the shots look like they are clearly on a set that could fall down at any moment, or that there is this weird over polished sheen to armour etc. It often doesn't quite feel grounded

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good not excellent. Its a good start.
CGI has issues, where it looks movie quality in one scene and then something from Supergirl in another.
Its also often a bit odd to look at, Im guessing due to it's framerate, but some of the shots look like they are clearly on a set that could fall down at any moment, or that there is this weird over polished sheen to armour etc. It often doesn't quite feel grounded
Must say I didn’t notice any terrible CGI but it’s clear Disney has spent a far wedge on this. As long as that continues I’ll be happy.

Soldato
What? How many people know of the Star Wars universe and how many had heard of A song of ice and fire before it was released?

ridiculous.

Literally every adult I know talks about GoT, hardly any talk about SiFi content including Star Wars.

It’s unlikely it will be pirated anywhere near as much as GoT was in the early days.

Remember when Lost swept the nation? GoT is exactly like that.

Back
Top Bottom